eight

⌜ chapter eight ⌟

"You'd think that after all this time, you'd find something better to do than follow me around the bookstore and take my picture." Tyler says, and Letty chuckles as she snaps another photo of him.

"Why on earth would anyone think that?" The brunette questions.

He looks at the book in his hand and then sticks it on the shelf. "Get away from me." He says, and she rolls her dark eyes.

"It's getting kinda late. Did you want to start in on the shipment in the back or wait until I get out of classes tomorrow?" She asks as she shuts off her camera and puts it in her shoulder bag.

"Ooh, uh..." He turns and looks at the clock. "Why don't we start on it as soon as you come in tomorrow?" He says, and she nods.

"You got it, boss. Need anything else before I head out?"

"Not here, but, uh... You're taking creative writing at school, right?" He asks, and she nods.

"Yeah. Why?" The brunette asks as she grabs her jacket to put on.

"Lina's gonna be starting that class — guess she's tired of hanging around the bar with Reggie all the time. Can you show her around the campus a bit, take her to class?" He asks as he turns to face her.

"Yeah, absolutely. Just tell her to meet me at the apartment tomorrow morning, and we'll head over."

"Alright. Thanks, kid."

"No problem."

Letty gets back to the apartment complex later that night and she runs into Hope on the way into the lobby. The girls link arms, and Hope leans into her best friend as they walk over to the elevator, seemingly exhausted.

"Hey, can you do me a favor?" Hope asks after the doors close.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Can you cut my hair before I get into the shower?"

"I think I can manage cutting in a straight line." Letty nods. "How short are we talkin' here?"

"Like I had it before. Maybe a little shorter?" She says as the elevator doors open, and they head out into the hallway. The girls walk past the door to Letty's apartment, moving toward Hope and Jason's.

"Are you sure? I thought you liked it long."

"I do, but it gets in the way. And Faith likes to grab a fistful and tug." Hope tells her, and she chuckles, knowing about that all too well. Letty thinks that that's part of the reason Eric cut his hair a little shorter than usual. "At least if it's shorter, it'll be a little more difficult for her to try and yank my hair from my head."