Chapter 7

This is the last chapter of part 1!!!!! Enjoy!!

The next morning 

Miku had, for some reason, showed up to breakfast yet again. Seeing him there once was rare, but twice-

astronomical.

He didn't know why he went; perhaps it was the bad tempered blonde sitting beside him, or maybe that he had made eye contact with Professor McGonagall that morning on the way to the library - his usual skip spot.  But either way, he now knew that it would have been better if he had just ignored her stern look and the unusually gentle hand that lead him there. 

The most important thing though, is that breakfast is cursed. Even more cursed than he is.

Christmas was nearing, the days were getting colder, and now, owls were crowding the space above the Slytherin table. Miku watched as letters dropped in front of all his fellow house mates and jumped when a light thud hit the space where his bacon and eggs had previously been.

What?

He stared, dumbfounded, at the brown parchment and reached out a cautious hand, then prodded the paper.

Who?

It was a mystery to Miku - as he had no living relatives to speak of - to who would send him something. He picked up the letter and gently undid the red ribbon, unfolding the paper. He blanched, face paling, hands trembling.

I'll be expecting you.

This cannot be happening.

Those four words sent his brain into overdrive. Miku shoved himself to his feet.

No.

He stumbled over the chair and fled the hall. 

Why?

His head slowly slipped underwater, Miku was drowning again.

Why?

Miku tripped, thudding to the ground, but he hardly felt it. 

I can't breathe.

Tears dripped onto his hands, his body convulsed with sobs. 

Help me.

It was all over. 

No.

His heart clenched in his chest and Miku gasped. The pain broke through the thick fog that he was drowning in. His gloved hand reached up to grip at his robes, a silent scream escaped his lips, his mouth opened wide. 

I need more time. Please.

A choked sound ripped out of his throat.

I don't want to die yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~