v

believe me when i say this story is going to be so cute

WARNING: i didnt proofread this

the meal was silent, as if renjun and jeno didn't know each other and are just strangers who happened to end up at the same table. only the sound of clasping utensils filled the two's ears, and also the melancholic music coming from the violin.

renjun didn't spare jeno a glance as he was busy eating. and he bet, even if he tries to talk to him, they won't have a smooth conversation.

same with jeno who minded his own business. he was famished, anyways. the hours of cycling did so.

what exactly was jaemin thinking when he planned this? he knew well more than anybody else that you can't put renjun and jeno at the same sentence, what more at the same table?

for renjun who gets full quickly, he quietly put down his utensils and was about to ask jeno anything that comes first to his mind but then he chose not to. he propped his elbow down the table and rested his chin on his palm, eyeing the boy in front of him.

jeno looks normal. average, well maybe somehow more handsome than renjun thought he would be. but one thing is for sure, he's not renjun's type.

renjun has no specific type to start with. he just knows that jeno is not and will not be on the long run. renjun would rather date people like jaemin, or donghyuck. or even mark. anyone but jeno.

there must be a reason why they never bonded a strong friendship like the others. and that reason may be because they have nothing alike.

out of nowhere, renjun suddenly blurted out, "hey jeno. what do you think of me?"

and jeno ended up choking on his food. he coughed and punched his chest to ease it. he stared at renjun, weirded out, eyes asking him if he's serious.

renjun motioned him the water beside him which jeno immediately drank. "answer me. what do you think of me?" the chinese repeated.

finishing the water in a single shot, jeno tried to process what renjun said twice. "i think you're crazy," he deadpan retorted. how come that every time renjun talks, it would either send jeno a heart attack or embarrassment?

renjun rolled his eyes and folded his arms unto his chest. "as a person, jeno. what do you think of me, for real. ignore what our friends told you about me. just, tell me what you see when you look at me."

he needs to know if jaemin's plan is going somewhere or he's just wasting his time. he needs to know if jeno is capable, even an ounce, of making friends. 

never on his life jeno thought he'd be interrogated like this. he can't deny the fact that renjun has his way of fucking someone's mind up. he's too unpredictable and the words that drips off his mouth will leave you slack jawed every single time.

jeno doesn't know if it's because of the way renjun stared at him or just because he thought the question interesting, that he actually gave it some thoughts before answering.

he unconsciously tapped his fingers into the table. what does he think of renjun?

truth to be told, jeno didn't pay much attention to him when they were kids. mainly because he has jaemin and the others. renjun was the last one to join their group, when he transferred when they were on fifth grade. but he's sure he was nice to renjun, and renjun was nice to him too.

the anticipation on renjun's eyes grew as he watched jeno fell into a trance, finding the right words to say. he must be up to something good since he's thinking for that long, renjun convinced himself.