Part 2

Chandlers POV

Fuck. We hit something. Or someone. I think I'm ok. I run my hands on my face and arms. I feel a small bit of blood trickle from my forehead, but I'm probably fine. I wipe it away, but now it's all over my hands and I'm just making a mess. I look to my left to see Veronica gripping the steering wheel, with her head rested on it.

"VERONICA!" I scream. I reach over and shake her. God what have I done.

"Hmmm?" She mumbles. "What happened?" She slowly lifts her head and, and winces in pain "ahhhhhh, son of a bitch." She grumbles under her breath.

There's a shiner on her eye, but thank god she's okay. "What the fuck was that?!" I ask bitterly, "you could've killed us!"

"Yeah, but I didn't!" She chuckles leaning on the center consul.

Oh, great, she thinks this is funny. She crashes my fucking car, and all she can do is laugh it off.

"I'm serious Veronica!" I exclaim holding her wrists, and pulling her closer to me, "do you have any idea how much it would kill me if I lost you?"

She doesn't respond, but instead stares blankly into my eyes. What am I thinking? She's drunk off her ass, and hardly knows what's going on.

"Well the answer is a lot," I answer for her, "it would kill me so much if I lost you."

I pull her in for a hug, and she tightly hugs back. It's kind of an awkward hug, since we're leaning over the middle of the car, but it's nice.

I pull her into my lap, and she finally mumbles back, "I'm sorry Heather. I'm sorry I almost got us both killed in a car crash."

There's a lot of sarcasm in her voice, but it's probably the best apology I'm going to get.

"Let's just go back to my house," she suggests, "and watch a movie."

"In case you haven't noticed, we've still gotta see if we can use the car first, because someone crashed it," I answer, very upset about the car. It was my favorite one.

We eventually get out of the car to assess the damage, and see if we'll still be able to use it to drive home. I really don't want to walk all the way.

As we make our way to the front I audibly gasp, "oh my god!" I cover my mouth with both my hands, and take a step back from the sight in front of me.

We had hit a motorcyclist, and it's an absolute mess. The front of the car has a huge dent from the bike, and both are mangled with metal. The person who was riding the bike was laying limp on the ground, blood seeping from his head. I don't recognize who he is, but Veronica does instantly.

"Holy shit!" She shouts upon seeing the wreckage for herself, "is that JD?"

She inches closer to his lifeless body to get a better look at his face. After she does, she stumbles back and leans back in the car, grabbing clenching her stomach in shock.

"Oh my god, it is," she whispers.

I take a closer look for myself, and sure enough, it is him. He and Veronica had only hung out a few times, and I hadn't really gotten to know him, but it's still horrible.

"Oh, no, what are we gonna do?!" Veronica panders to herself, "we're gonna get caught, and we're both gonna end up in jail, and..."

"Veronica, listen to me," I start, holding her arms, "we're not going to get caught, okay? We're going to be fine."

I'm half talking to her, and half talking to myself. How are we going to get away with this? The evidence is all here, we can't just drive the car away from the wreck, and we can't just write a fake suicide note or something!

"we're just going to have to leave town," I suggest, "we'll ditch this place, run away, and start new lives!"

It's a terrible idea, but it all we've got at the moment. She nods her head in agreement, and she starts to walk off.

" hey, where are you going?" I ask. Is she just going to leave me?

"We've gotta walk to my house, and take my car, since yours is... well," she gestures towards the wreckage.

I follow her all the way to her house, which is about a mile away. Its much closer than my house, and I'm glad we're not walking all the way to mine.

Once we're there, we sneak up to her room, and she frantically starts tossing stuff in a bag.

"I'm taking some of your stuff," I announce to her as I pick out some stuff from her closet, and toss it into the bag.

"Fine by me," she replies sarcastically, "although I doubt my stuff will be up to your standards."

She thinks I'm really that shallow? I don't give a shit what I'm wearing if we're living in the run. There's no school to control anymore. we've gotta get the hell out of here unless we wanna spend the rest of our lives rotting in a jail cell.

"Sawyer, we're running away, fashion isn't exactly on my mind right now!"

We have 3 bags packed full of clothes, and some of Veronicas personal stuff. We can't go back to my place to get my stuff. My mom would kill me if I came home in the middle of the night with a wasted girl and blood on my face.

We throw everything into the back of her truck, and I get in the drivers seat. There's no way I'm letting her drive again.

Veronica slides in next to me, and I quickly pull out of the drive way, speeding down the road. She lays her head on the center console, stretching her seatbelt to its limit. She gently holds my arm as I drive.

"Heather, what's going to happen to us?" She asks worriedly with a yawn.

Poor thing. She's had such a rough night tonight, and it's all my fault. Although, I can't let her know that.

I take one hand off the wheel and hold her hand in mine and whisper, "I...I don't know."

A/n sorry it took so long to get this out. I'm pretty sure I'm going to turn this into a full story once i finish my first one!