HILLARY

I walked away from all the commotion in the living room, after all, it was late and way past when I usually go to sleep. My head was pounding. There wasn't one night I walked past the master bedroom and didn't think of everything that happened. Everything that changed the way I looked at him. Everything that made me hate every single day.

After that day, I slept in the guest bedroom, now my old one was all Thomas's.

I have had trouble sleeping for a week, especially since she came to visit me. Something was bothering me since then. Something wasn't right. I was hoping for better luck today. Ugh. The sound and laughter from the living room weren't helping my headache. I shut the door and got right into bed.

After tossing and turning for hours, I was getting impatient. I got up and walked to the master bedroom and took the sleeping pills we used. I went back to my room, drowsy.

These pills were working quite fast. Huh. I pulled my covers over myself and shut my eyes. Something was wrong. My headache got worse. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. 

I still couldn't breathe. What was happening? I tried to sit up straight but to no avail. My body felt limp and weak. Suddenly my heart rate got faster, I was trying to breathe through my mouth, gulping as much air as possible. Thomas. Thomas. And then I remembered. The pills. Wha- Oh my god. Mistake.... that was a mistake.... and this.. this is karma... but surely...I. It wasn't my fault. I couldn't stay still. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't even speak. My memories flashed in front of me, faintly while my eyes were shut.

 I could feel it all at once. Hatred, anger, despair, love, pain, and regret. And then, I could feel nothing at all. I was sucked down into a black abyss. My last gasp was let out and that was it.