Chapter 2 -Half Moon

Half Moons POV

A/N: I typed some of this in first person, and didn't feel like fixing it, so just ignore that please. I might fix it later. If anyone reads this, please cut me some slack, this is the first fan-fic Ive ever written, and when I'd write short stories in my notebooks i always liked first person more.

Half Moon was surprised by Jaypaws anger, but realized after that he probably got annoyed of everyone pointing out he was blind.

I feel bad, I should've thought of that before I talked, Half Moon thought, I'm usually smarter!

"Jaypaw is blind, but he can hear and smell better then anyone else, he's learning to be a medicine cat." Lionpaw defended.

Half Moon felt shocked, how could someone so young, and blind, be their leader.
Screech voiced her thoughts, "How could a blind cat lead you?" She gasped.

Half Moon noticed The black she-cat, Hollypaw, still had her tail in Jaypaws mouth. Half Moon felt grateful, by the look in Jaypaws eyes she knew he would have a lot of mean things to say.

Lionpaw looked confused, "Jaypaw isn't our leader, Firestar is, Brambleclaws our deputy, Jaypaw is learning herbs from our medicine cat, Leafpool. I guess it must be diffrent here."

"Stoneteller is our healer and our leader, when the time comes he'll pick a kit as his successor and teach them everything he knows." Halfmoon explained.

Halfmoon liked the clans way more. There was less power on one cat, and it made it more equal.

"Oh, that's a lot of power for one cat." Lionpaw mentioned.

Half Moon was secretly glad that they seemed to think the same things she did. A lot of her tribemates didn't like her. They said she took after her father, Stormfur, to much. She liked to explore further then she should, and had some trouble hunting in the mountins, since she could never leap quite high enough. The name her parent's chose didn't help. Stormfur gave her a more clan name, that wasn't as long as a tribe's.

Halfmoon noticed Jaypaw looking straight at her and shivered. He had cloudy blue eyes, and a mottled pale tabby pelt. Half moon looked up and met his eyes. They were beautiful.

Hes a pretty cat, Halfmoon thought. Then she shook her head. What was she even thinking, he was a clan cat, besides Half Moon didn't want a mate, she wanted to grow up and travel. She knew this was a silly dream, she'd never be able to leave the mountins. She often wondered what her life would be like in the clans. The clans seemed fair, everyone's voice counted. Here, what Stoneteller said was word, and Half Moon hated it. He was wise, and Halfmoon respected him, but sometimes (most the time) she just wished he would choose his successor, and maybe things would change.

"Half Moon, are you going to eat?" Pebbles voice shook her out of her thoughts.
Everyone was sitting peices of eagle, and it was the most prey any of the to-bes would have eaten in a while. Half moon was surprised she hadn't noticed someone drop it off. She followed Pebble over to where they were eating with Screech. Hollypaw, Jaypaw, and Lionpaw were eating together, and Splash and the rest of the To-bes were eating together.

"What were you thinking about?" Pebble asked her.

"Just... stuff." Halfmoon replied hesitantly.

Pebble sighed, "You were daydreaming about exploring again, weren't you?" She asked.