About NCT

NCT Fandom Name: – NCTzen
(meaning all the fans are citizens of NCT)
NCT Fan Color: Pearl Neo Champagne

NCT Official Accounts:
Twitter: NCTsmtown
Twitter (Japan): NCT_OFFICIAL_JP
Official Website: nct.smtown
Facebook: NCT.smtown
Instagram: nct
Youtube: NCT
V Live: NCT
TikTok: official_nct

NCT (Korean: 엔시티) is a South Korean boy group formed by SM Entertainment. Their name stands for the Hallyu localization project Neo Culture Technology, a term coined by their producer and SM founder Lee Soo-man to describe the group's concept of having an unlimited number of members divided into multiple sub-units based in various cities worldwide. Since the group's initial introduction by their native label's founder in January 2016, the group consists of 23 members as of September 2020, aging from their late-teens to mid-twenties and participating in a total of four different sub-units.

The group introduced their first unit, the rotational NCT U, on April 9, 2016 with the double digital single "The 7th Sense" and "Without You". It was followed by the Seoul-based unit NCT 127 on July 7, 2016 with their eponymous extended play and later the then-teenage only unit NCT Dream on August 24, 2016 with the digital single "Chewing Gum". The group then introduced their first overseas localized sub-unit WayV, a seven-member unit based in China, on January 17, 2019 with the single album The Vision.

NCT's Background:
In January 2016, SM Entertainment founder Lee Soo-man delivered a presentation at the SM Coex Artium, titled "SMTOWN: New Culture Technology 2016". The label's plan was to debut a new boy group to "fall in line" with their culture contents strategy, containing "unlimited" number of members within the group whom would go on to debut in subsequent units. Furthermore, the group would have "sub-unit teams" and "collaborations" among these units. The name of the group was revealed to be NCT, an acronym from the presentation title. The group as a whole is SM Entertainment's first idol group in almost two years since the debut of fellow labelmate Red Velvet in August 2014 and subsequently the first boy group since the debut of South Korean–Chinese boy group Exo in 2012.

What's going on this year, 2020:

Projects for NCT 127, restructure of NCT Dream, new members, and NCT 2020 Resonance Pt. 1 and Pt. 2!

On January 27, NCT 127 released a music video for a gift song titled "Dreams Come True", followed by the release of their second studio album Neo Zone on March 6, with the title track "Kick It", being their third release not to feature Winwin who is currently promoting with WayV. This also officially marked Jungwoo's return, who was on a hiatus for health reasons. On April 7, it was also announced by SM Entertainment that they will release the repackage version of the album, Neo Zone: The Final Round, with the title track "Punch", in 19th May.

On April 14, NCT Dream announced they will release their fourth EP Reload, with "Ridin'" as the title track, on April 29 with the members Renjun, Jeno, Haechan, Jaemin, Chenle and Jisung. Following the album's promotions, they will remove their original concept in which members graduate when they reach 20 in Korean age (19 internationally) and will continue as seven members with originally graduated member Mark returning.

In May 2020, three NCT units are scheduled to hold live online concerts, in a series of concerts jointly organised by SM Entertainment and Naver on the world's first technology-aided live concert streaming service Beyond LIVE. The live concerts of WayV, NCT Dream and NCT 127 are scheduled for May 3, May 10 and May 17 respectively.

On June 9, WayV released their first full album Awaken the World, with the title track "Turn Back Time".

On September 15, NCT announced they would have a new project, NCT 2020, similar to their NCT 2018 project, which would combine members of the various subunits on one album, which would be released in October 2020. On September 20, 2020, it was confirmed that the group would be releasing their second album, NCT 2020 Resonance Pt. 1 on October 12, featuring all 4 units, and 2 new members, Shotaro and Sungchan, who are set to join a future NCT unit. Before the album's release, it was announced the NCT 2020 Resonance Pt. 1 had garnered more than 1.1 million pre-orders, making it the first million-seller album without counting a repackage by NCT. NCT will release the second part of their second album NCT 2020 Resonance Pt. 2 on November 23.

Extra Info:
Origin: Seoul, South Korea
Genres: K-pop, Mandopop, J-pop, hip hop, R&B, EDM, teen pop
Years active: 2016–present
Labels: SM Avex Trax

Current Members:
Taeyong, Taeil, Johnny, Yuta, Kun, Doyoung, Ten, Jaehyun, WinWin, Jungwoo, Lucas, Mark, Xiaojun, Hendery, Renjun, Jeno, Haechan, Jaemin, YangYang, Shotaro, Sungchan, Chenle, and Jisung.