Chapter 15

*Luke's POV*

Oh fuuudgggeeee! As soon as I thought we could be together, that Justin guy comes back and ruins it all. And now I'm back down in the friend zone. 

      When the movie ended I realised that Charlotte fell asleep. Her cheeks were wet and the tears left their marks on her face. He treats her so bad and I'm so good to her, it's not fair. He makes her suffer too much. A girl like her should not know pain. It's too horrible for her. She's had the hardest childhood, things happened to her that I'm not going to mention. I was near her, I dried her tears when she cryed, I fought with the bullies in school when she needed me to and lots more things. But we could never be together.

"Charlotte...? Let's go to bed." I smiled. I picked her up and brought her to the bedroom. Then out of nowhere, she wrapped her arms around my neck and softly touched my lips with hers. Then her head went back down and her arms stayed around me. I pulled her up and she put her head on my shoulder. Her legs were holding me close. I just really wanted to tell her she is all mine, that she didn't have to worry anymore, cos I was there for her whenever she needed me. But I couldn't cos she was going to leave in three days.

     I put her in bed, but she wouldn't let go of me. So I layed down with her and kept her company until she let go, but before I knew it I fell asleep with her. I fell asleep hugging her.

                                *                    

I woke up with empty arms. Where was Charlotte? What happened? Oh my penguin, was today the day of our first gig?!?

      I got out of the room and there was the best smell of pancakes in the kitchen. Then I saw Charlotte cooking. I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist, put my chin on her shoulder and whispered "Mornin'" into her ear. She leaned her head onto mine and said "Hey, you woke up!" She laughed. Then I kissed her cheek.

"Did I wake you?" She asked alarmed.

"No..." I smiled. Then I let go and asked "What are you cooking?" 

"Pancakes." She took her spatula and put a pancake onto a place and handed it to me.

"There's Vegemite on the shelf if you want it." She pointed at one of the shelves.

"Yummy!" I headed to the shelf and sat down at the table, and 5 minutes later she caught up with me with her plate, nutella and a banana. She spreaded the nutella onto the pancake and then chopped the banana. Then she put the banana pieces on the pancake and with her knife and fork she started eating. The difference between me and her was that she took her time but I just started eating... With my hands....

"Luke, do you think your mum can drive me to the airport to pick up Skyler?" Lottie asked.

"Sure, you know, I was thinking, why don't you surprise Skyler by showing up with the lads and I picking her up with you?" I said. Her eyes went really big and she became red with excitement.

"YES! WOULD YOU REALLY DO THAT FOR ME??!?" She screeched.

"Yeah, sure!" I winked.

"Right so her flight lands in an hour, so you get dressed, I already am, then ring up the lads and make them be ready in less than half an hour, and, we're gonna need your dad's car to go cos your mums is too small." She stopped and looked at her watch.

"Right, go, go go!" She hurried me. "I'll text the lads."

      I ran and into the bedroom and dressed as fast as I could.

*Charlotte's POV*

I texted Ashton first:

Hey Ash, Charlie here, get ready in front of your door in 15 mins! Go go go!

Then Michael:

Hey Mikey, Charlie here, get ready in front of your door in 10 minutes.

Go go go!

And finally Calum:

Cal, in front of your door in 5 minutes , be ready, go go go go!

As soon as I stopped texting Luke came out of the room and he was ready.

"That was fast!" I exclaimed.

"Yes considering I can't take a shower, yeah I'm pretty fast." He frowned.

       We ran out and got to Luke's house in 2 minutes. We explained everything to Luke's dad and we got in the car and one by one we picked up Calum, Ashton and Michael.

"So what are we doing exactly?" Ashton asked as he was getting in. Then he kissed me on the cheek. "Hey cousin!" He smiled.

"Well...." Luke explained the whole thing for the fourth time.

"Oh, so you told Luke..." Ash whispered.

"Yeah... I had to, I needed a ride to the airport." I winked.

"How did he take it?" Ashton looked at me worried.

"You know, I don't really know..." I shrugged.