Nine

when worlds collide

when worlds collide

Emily Prentiss and Jennifer Jareau, to put it simply, were freaking out.

Not only had they not profiled one of their best friends to be a fucking princess, but she was missing. Rossi and Hotch had started the whole ordeal by having an argument in Hotch's office.

The BAU was filled with Otharian security and FBI agents, but everyone stopped when an entourage of guards entered the office. The entourage opened and there stood a woman regally dressed. The Queen. Instantly, every Otharian in the room bowed, muttering, "Kuningatar."

The BAU followed suit.

"Hello, everyone. Thank you all for your hard work to find my granddaughter. I'm looking for an Agent Hotchner."

Hotch stepped forward. "That would be me."

"Might we speak without so many ears?" Her eyes glanced to the team. "With the entire team, perhaps?"

Hotch nodded his head at the team and they all made their way into the conference room. Dan joined them as well.

"Kuningatar," Dan said with a bow to his queen. He then motioned to each individual member of the team. "This is Agent Emily Prentiss, Agent Derek Morgan, Agent David Rossi, Doctor Spencer Reid, and the team's communications liaison, Agent Jennifer Jareau. And the team leader, Agent Hotchner. Team, this is her royal highness, Princess Aya's grandmother, the Queen of Otharia."

"Nice to meet you all," the Queen stated, an accent similar to Aya's, but lacking any effect by Aya's long length of time in America. "And thank you for assisting in the search for my granddaughter. What do we have so far?"

"It appeared Aya — er, the princess — was being stalked. Her security detail found these pictures had been dropped in her mailbox approximately two hours after her disappearance," Emily told her.

There were two dozen photos of Aya walking — almost always with an iced coffee in hand. Four from this past weekend, when she had danced in her fifth-floor apartment. Some of her outside of the BAU, outside of her building. In Otharia. Newspaper clippings from her childhood.

The Queen pushed them away. "My granddaughter is the investigator, not me. What are your next steps?"

"I've been in contact with the building across from Aya's," JJ said. "They told us that the fifth floor is paid for in cash by a man named Tom."

There was a knock on the door. "We've just received a call from someone claiming to be the kidnapper. For Spencer Reid."

All eyes turned to Spencer, but his eyes were on the Queen and Hotch.