Part 3

Izuku Midoriya

Kacchan sat at the bar, waiting for breakfast. I caught him smiling, for once in his life.

I handed him a plate. "Thanks Deku." I turned away to prepare my food. "No problem." I smiled.

I listened as he scarfed down food and tolde stories of his work place, about how this lady named Karen (literally) yelled at him for putting his feet up on his own desk.

For the first time, I had a seemingly civil conversation with Kacchan. I watched as a smile grew bigger and bigger on his face, until he eventually burst out into laughter. And I followed in suit.

It was a hearty laugh, and his voice grumbled and rang like black silk through the air, dark and warm.

When he stopped laughing and opened his eyes, they shine with tears and joy. "Uh, Deku?"

I jolted and realized I was staring. "Damnit. Sorry haha." He gave me a weird look but paid it no mind, continuing his stories which I gladly listened to.

"Thanks for breakfast Deku, it was surprisingly good." I glared at him. "Insult me again and I'll throw you out there to freeze." I joked. Kacchan laughed and laughed and laughed some more. He seems, softer somehow.

Hehe, Kacchan being soft.

"Deku you're staring." "Huh? Sorry haha. Anyways I have to work." "Do you mind giving me a ride? I work at that coffee shop downtown."

"Huh, I work at the library in that area, it's a surprise we've never run into eachother. Yeah sure, later we can run my Kirishimas to grab your stuff."

-----------------------------------------------------------
Katsuki Bakugou

Deku was right. It was surprising we never ran into eachother. Part of my says he was partially avoiding me.

I shuddered and pushed the thought out if my mind. He forgave me, right?

In any case, Deku went outside to warm up the car as I pulled on my shoes and put on my coat. The fur rim on the hood tickled my neck making me twitch to make the feeling go away.

"Cars ready. We'd better go, don't wanna be late." Deku was doing quite a bit of demanding. It was a breath of fresh air compared to his "goody two shoes" highschool self.

"Coming. Don't forget youran purse, Deku." He rolled his eyes at me. "Wouldn't dream of it Katsuki."

The name surprised me. "H-huh?" I stuttered. He laughed. "The look on your face is priceless." He continued to bellow, the warm sound ringing in my ears.

God damnit Katsuki, you just got out of a relationship. "Come on, Kacchan."

I jolted out of my own thoughts and followed Deku to the car. As I opened the door I felt a huge wave of warmth come over me. "Get in, you're letting the warm air out." "Sorry."

His car was nice. I didn't really take time to notice it when we picked me up the day before. There was an All Might figurine on the dashboard, and a lanyard with Studio Ghibli characters on it hung from the rear view mirror. The seats had red seat covers on them to match the outside of the car.

It was comfortable and cozy in here. Made me not want to get out.

However we arrived at our destination and it was time to work. I achingling got out of the car, missing the comforting warmth.