Chapter 2: Clarke and Lexa

Chapter 2. Clarke and Lexa

Clarke Griffin slammed the door, tears rolling down her cheeks. Praimfaya was just three days away and the clans were in the bunker, 100 people each clan. Clarke was tired, so tired, they just had to pull out names to decide who would stay in the bunker, and Clarke was tired of having to make these decisions. The blonde girl sat on her bed crying into her hands. “This is to survive” she said to herself, even though the words didn’t maker feel any better.

“Life should be more than just surviving” Clarke froze when she heard those words. It couldn’t be. It was impossible. She buried her head deeper into her hands trying to ignore a voice that she would never forget.

“Life should be more than just surviving, didn’t you teach me that?” the familiar voice said. Clarke stayed quiet believing that she was going crazy.

“This is just a trick my head is pulling” said Clarke desperately. Her body went rigid when she felt two hands pulling her hands away from her face. She dared look and she found herself face to face with the person she cared about the most.

“Lexa?”

“We meet again Clarke” The blonde girl opened her mouth to speak, but no words would come out. Lexa knew that Clarke was overwhelmed as well as confused. The former commander cupped Clarke’s face and kiss her softly.
After a few seconds, Lexa pulled away and saw Clarke looking at her with tears streaming down her face.

“Lexa, you’re here!” The blonde threw herself into Lexa’ arms and the brunette hugged her tightly. They stayed in each other’s arms for what felt like hours. Finally, they pulled away from the embrace, but Clarke put her hands on Lexa’s cheeks.

“How is it possible?” Clarke still couldn’t believe what her eyes were seeing, but even if it were crazy, it felt real, it felt right. The kiss felt real, she was real.

“We were given a second chance” Lexa smiled leaning her head against Clarke’s.