The break.

It's been 11 months since Naruto started Menma's training and true to his words, it, was, torture.

Every week on Monday, he would have Menma spam as much clones as he can while channeling a little of the Kyuubi's chakra for Maximum effect. It usually always got him tired, but after 3 Months of doing the same thing every week, he got used to the fatigue.

After he summoned those clones, which always reached 10 thousand in amount (which always Boggled Naruto's mind). He would have a thousand clones work on chakra control for the whole week, doing every chakra control exercises known.

The other 2thousand would divide into a thousand and start working on an element each. Menma only had the wind as primary and water as secondarily elements.

The other thousand would work on Fuinjutsu. They would divide each other into 5 groups: the sealing group, the unsealing group, the seal deciphering group, the Barrier group and medical seal groups.

Another thousand would start training seriously on the Rasengan. Naruto wanted Menma to achieve a level of mastery over the Rasengan that would allow Menma to use it in any variation he would think of. From a small marble sized Rasengan to a huge mountain sized Rasengan, to a drill shaped one,e.c. They later on started working on elemental variations as well.

The last 5 thousand though, would go for an all out shinobi fight which features traps, deception, hiding, just about anyway a shinobi would kill an enemy. This taught Menma to learn on his feet without risk of dying. Every time these clones fought, they would gain experience of how to quickly kill ur opponent. They also have seals that allow them to steal chakra from there fellow clone in order to last longer. Every time a clone dispelles, Menma would automatically know not to make the same mistake that clone did, while at the same time, gaining the experience of the clones  that lived for a longer period and suvived without getting a hit.

While the clones handle Menma's mental and chakra training, Naruto taught Menma how to fight. He didn't teach him a specific fighting style, he just taught him same effective punching techniques and kicking technique. Then had him constantly attack him one on one. Naruto would wear gravity and resistance seals to put himself at Menma's level. They would fight until noon and get back in their temporary living space (whether it's in the forest where they are staying, or Back in town to a hotel they rented) all bloody and bruised, but they always woke up fresh cause of their healing factor, (especially Menma, who had the Kyuubi to speed up his healing).

The point of this type of training was to build endurance, stamina, experience, pain tolerance and tact.

In short, this is how Menma's week starts:
Wake up at 4 am and spam shadow clones on Monday.
Punch a tree and kick a tree 200 strikes each.
Run 100 km and back, which made it 200 km.
100 push ups
100 site ups
100 pull ups

Then eat breakfast. After breakfast, he fights Naruto.

These exercises happen until Friday, where Menma starts to dispel the training clones little by little cause they each have a weeks worth of training, so he would want to avoid brain overload. Dispelling the clones would usually take 4 to 5 hours. Depending on how many clones survived the week.

Speaking of surviving the week, Naruto noticed that chakra depletes when you don't eat. He also discovered that the more you learn how to work without eating, the more you can tolerate the effects hunger has on chakra. So the more Menma's clones get used to not getting sustained, the better they get at not getting dispelled by hunger. Which means Menma ends up having the same effect.

And all of that, happened every day for 11 months. Now it was the month both brothers have been waiting for.

"FINALLY A BREAK." Menma said, Naruto couldn't have agreed more.