Chapter 5

The room is dimly lit, and it smells like mold.
The chair I'm sitting in is made of cold hard metal, same as the table.
The door is locked, Bailey had to take all the precautions. Apparently this mission is top secret, I think.
"Thanks for coming... Jo pay attention."
"Yes ma'am, listening ma'am!" I do a lousy salute and sit up in my chair.
She scowls at me then looks at Mila.
"Listen kid, I understand you probably never wanna go back to where you came from, I get that."
"Well... yeah, it sucked. All my friends died there..." she looks down at her hand.
I wonder what happened to it to make it so mangled?
"Well kid... we need a guide but our spy for this unit is a bit... preoccupied."
"So you're asking me to lead you around?"
"Yeah, basically."
"I-I don't know." She looked over at me, expecting me to defend her.
I look away, "Bailey why do we need to do this?"
She turns her eyes towards me, "Our warehouse is gone, all our supplies are toast. I figure she'd know where some of the stuff is."
"But you can't make her feel like she has to!"
"What am I supposed to do? Say 'hey kid, you don't have to, but if you don't we'll all die'?"
"THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID-
"Guys." She's shaking, her golden eyes are wide open, frantically looking from Bailey to me. "I'll do it."

A small smile surfaces on Bailey's mouth.

"Perfect."

-Timeskip-

"Ok." Bailey walks into the meeting room, "We need a few things, people, provisions, and a plan."

"You really like your p's."

"There will be no funny business." She glares at me.
Yup, got it. I offer her yet another lousy salute.

"Let's start with the people, Elizabeth will be our pilot, Nikolai and Indah will also join us. Any suggestions?"

She looks at Mila but the girl just shakes her head.

"Uhm.. I have one."

"Ok, spill."

"Veronica, we'll need a nurse."

"Alright, anyone else?"

"No."

"Provisions! We will each have a pistol, loaded, and extra ammo. We will also have a pocketknife, and a backpack with food, water, and medical supplies."

"Now, before we make the plan go see if your little nurse friend is up for the challenge!"

"What about your friends? Elizabeth and-"

"I already informed them, they are coming down here soon."

Bang

Crash

*angry cat noises*

"Well there's Elizabeth! Jo go get your girlfriend."

What? No- she's not- I feel my face heating up.

"She's not my-"

"Jeez kid I know, hurry up or I'll chose someone else!"

"Alright alright!" I run down to the hospital and find Veronica sorting the pills, red blue red red orange green blue red red red.

I tap her shoulder and she turns around so fast that her hair knocks over her brilliant shelving.

"What you want?"

"I need to ask you a question."

"A question? You made me knock over everything for a question?!"

"Well- you see- I... yeah."

She sighs and turns around, "Well then, fire away miss."