Moving in

Dani's perspective

I've been feeling better every day,my beast in the jungle seems to get quieter everyday and I am so so relieved about that.

The last few days have been a little stressful, with the move, the store and everything really . We had to spend quite some time, making the bathroom a little nicer because it honestly looked like something from the 50s. Jamie made it look really beautiful,even though we didn't have the time and energy to properly renovate it yet, she put a bunch of beautiful plants in it and they just make it feel like home.

The whole place just feels like home. It has these really nice windows facing the quiet roads in front of the flat. You can see the people passing by and observe the quiet town life. The flower shop downstairs is amazing, or as Flora would say: perfectly splendid, as well. It really is all just perfect.

Jamie has been doing a lot of the preparation for the flower shop, or "The Leafling" as we decided to call it. It's like our little baby and it feels so great to be able to create something like that together. We got the store front painted a dark orange and cyan and it looks so much better than how it looked before.

When the store opens, I'll  be doing most of the cashier work, while Jamie takes care of the flowers and plants. She just has this natural talent for it. She's tried to teach me but, I am really just no good at it at all.

On opening day, I wanna surprise Jamie with something, I am not to sure what yet, since I am terribly awful at cooking so I can't make her dinner, but I have recently discovered that I am actually not the worst at painting, so I figured I'll paint her something, something that makes her feel hopeful, as she has been really anxious lately. The "beast in the jungle" or Viola as we just call it now makes her really nervous and I really don't want her to be so stressed about it

We have to live one day at a time. 'Cause one day at a time is all we've got.

This is my first story and I really hope you like it so far. If you have tips or feedback please please leave a comment. It would mean the world.