II

It had been a week since Trent and Alex visited the Liverpool Christmas market and naturally enough the football schedule was quickly increasing like it always did this time of year. Trent was taking his day off to himself as he relaxed in bed not having to worry about his early morning alarm going off signalling training beginning soon.

But he found sleeping hard lately. Trent had seen the girl from the market everywhere he went this week. Whether it was her out on a run while he was on his way to Kirby in the morning or the day he and Robbo picked up his son from the babysitter.

She seemed to be everywhere. Which definitely didn't help Trent get her off his mind. And his friends were definitely picking up on his change in behaviour over the course of the last week.

The footballer finally rose from his bed after a morning of lying around engrossed in his own thoughts. He shoved his feet into a pair of sliders and headed downstairs where he laid on the couch for the remainder of the day watching the highlights of his recent game.

—————

Leighton sat in the driver's seat of her car tapping her fingers against the steering wheel to the beat of the song that was playing through the radio

She watched as the clock changed to 4 o'clock and the crowd of children started walking out of the school gates as she waited on her brother to appear among them.

Moments later Jude made an appearance and walked towards his sister's car before hopping into the passenger seat like he always did.

"What are you smiling about?" Jude asked as he threw his school bag into the back seat before noticing the smug look on Leighton's face.

"You, my dear Jude, have the best sister ever." Leighton spoke with a smile as she reached into the door of the car and pulled out an envelope before handing it to her brother.

"What is it?" Jude wondered as he played with the white envelope in his hand.

"Open it." Leighton encouraged him which he did. A smile grew on the younger boy's face as he saw the contents of the envelope. "You didn't?"

"I did." Leighton smiled before her brother suddenly gave her a bone crushing hug across the arm rest.

"Thank you Leigh." Jude told her with a smile but sadness was evident on his face.

"I know it won't the same Jude. But let's be honest. Dad would kill you if he knew you were missing Liverpool games." Leighton reminded her younger brother chasing him to laugh.