1. Coming back

"September. The sun that always turns orange around the same time, the leaves begin to yellow, the first sweaters that pinch on the body, the suitcases for Hogwarts. It's definitely the end of the summer," Hermione thought as he fixed the last of his things in his trunk. That was one of the most beautiful summers ever for the young witch, and the idea of abandoning her left a strange sensation in her chest, as if something oppressed her belly.

It was almost nine in the morning when Hermione went down to the living room, gave a quick kiss on the cheek to his parents and left the house to go to the station of King's Cross. She felt strangely nervous when she arrived at platform nine and three-quarters, as if something had changed that year.

But deep down, she knew that something had really changed.

She was shaken by her thoughts by Ginny's voice, followed by Fred, George and Ron, with her hair always so ruffled.

"Herm, how much I missed you! I have to tell you a lot of things!" exclaimed Ginny, radiant, as she held her friend.

"Ginny, I missed you so much too, Carrot. You don't know how much I have to tell you!"

Ever since Ginny started dating Hogwarts between her and Hermione, a beautiful friendship was born. After hastily greeting Molly, the Weasley gang crossed the track, followed by Granger.

As soon as the Express arrived, a crowd of students began to look for a place desperately not to have to stand during the long journey and, why not, even take a nap.

Hermione had never been a girl who likes to dismount, nor push, so she let everyone pass without objecting, finding herself one of the few standing. Eventually he managed to find a niche, put his trunk on the floor and crouched on it, pulled out a book and began to get lost between the lines. Of course, the atmosphere would have been better if she wasn't sitting next to the men's room, but she didn't have a lot of problems.

Two hours, two packets of  jellies and a nap later Hermione was still there. It was not long before their arrival at Hogwarts when..

"I don't think it's the best place to read, Granger."

It didn't take much for Hermione to recognize that voice. Draco.

The girl's heart leaped when she looked up and found in front of her the icy eyes of the prince of the snakes who looked at her investigators.

Hermione knew that Draco would return to Hogwarts, but had not materially reckoned with the concreteness of the thing until then.

". .Ehm... Hello Draco.."

"Wait for your Prince Charming out of the bathroom?"

"Er.. The train was.. full, so.. So I put myself here"

"I understand. See you Half-breed... Oh, that sweatshirt is cute." said the young Malfoy throwing an complicit look at the Granger. Then he left.

Hermione finally started breathing again. "Malfoy, damn Malfoy. The sweatshirt is yours." she thought.

Always the same nerve, no emotion.

Yet that summer, in Cornwall, the emotions in his eyes always so icy, Hermione had seen them. Those kisses, his hands on his waist, the walks on the hills..

"Oh damn Hermione! Forget it!" said the young Gryffindor in her head.

A whistle interrupted her thoughts. They were at Hogwarts.