Drabble #1

So this drabble is actually what I imagined would happen after the third game of Jak if I was to do a fanfiction about it. Along with a new OC. That fanfiction would cover everything. So 1-3. Maybe Jak X. Not Lost Frontier because we can just pretend that THAT never happened 🤦🏼‍♀️

Anyway, this is done at what would pretty much be the end of the fanfiction. However, even when the third game, we know the story never really ends.

Cause what about restoring Haven City? What about the eco shortage?

SO! It would begin with my OC being forced to become involved with Jak's destiny after being involved with the Precursors, of which her story would be told in the actual fanfiction, and her having to deal with certain... limitations. For instance, her sole purpose is to make sure that everything happens in accordance to what the Percursors have told her his destiny is. She must make sure everything goes the way its supposed to (everything that happens in the game) and she cannot change it. Unless, it is to save a life, however if it is a life that didn't 'need' to be saved then it will cost her. Or to stop something that's not supposed to happen in the course of events, but obviously that's allowed. And obviously, this does irritate our favorite characters. Cause let's be honest, how would you feel if you had a protector that has to make sure all that strife, torture, and pain has to happen. And even though she "technically" has the power to ease it. But cannot. Or, as they will see it, will not.

Now as for the reasons of her limitations, those would be explained very early on.
_______________________________________

Rae sunk onto one of the bar stools at the Naughty Ottsel, watching Jak reunite with Keira and Daxter proudly show off Tess's new form and of course, his new pants.

She closed her eyes briefly and let a sigh escape as a tired smile graced her face.

'Just one more to go, and then there will finally be lasting peace for them.'

Her eyes snapped open as she heard Jak start to tell Keira about Damas, his tone becoming sad. And... guilty.

'That's right, he doesn't know yet!'

She cleared her throat and stood up once more, gaining Jak's attention.

"Jak... there's actually something you need to see--"

Daxter's loud sigh cut me off.

"Ohh great! Something else now?"

My eyes narrowed as I reached over and grabbed the bottle of alcohol he was currently drinking and held it above my head.

"Honestly Dax, you should be used to this by now. And I know none of you fully understand why I must make this "so difficult" but I have also made my reasons clear these past three years. It's not exactly been a walk in the park for me either. "

I set the bottle down, eyes softening as I remember the life I left behind. And Daxter surprisingly, doesn't make a move for the bottle again.

It's that damn purple stuff, we're lucky he only got a few sips of it this time.

"Besides... I'm sure it's something you'll like."

Jak, after smirking at Daxter let go of Keira's waist before approaching me cautiously.

I knew that this particular "adventure" of his would drive a wedge between the trusting nature we've built over the years. Mainly... because of what I didn't do.

What he didn't see me do that is. Well, maybe this will change that.

"Fine. What is it?"

As an answer, I just move towards the door. After a moment, to let Dax hop up on his shoulder, his footsteps behind assured me he was following.