The dream

All of a sudden I was back in the arena. I had just been lifted up. It was beautiful. There were rivers and trees. I had never seen the sky so blue. Flying through the air was a bird I had never seen. It had every color you could think of. It is so beautiful.

Suddenly the count down began. I took in the cornucopia and sized up my opponents. Me and my brother had come up with a plan. Align ourselves with different groups. Kill them off and meet up with each other at the cornucopia the first night. Fin had managed to get me in with the careers. I heard the voice of Ceaser on the speaker. "May the 72nd hunger games begin" I bolted to the cornucopia. Luckily I was a fast runner. There was a backpack I had my eyes on. I snatched in the girl from 8 dug a knife into my calf as she fell  causing me to fall.  I picked up a knife off the ground and slit her throat. I got up and found a belt of knifes and a sword. I grabbed them and ran towards the female tribute of district one. Lila. The boy from 10 came at me knocking me to the ground he held a knife towards my throat. He could have killed me. He was a lesser evil then I tho. I broke my arm free and latched on to a hammer. Hitting him in the head hard enough to knock him out. I flipped on top of him and shoved my sword into his heart. With that the blood bath was over. The careers and I killed 7 kids that day. None of us felt a slight hinge of guilt

We set up camp for it was getting dark. The cannons went off. I felt a smile cross my lips it was at that moment I knew who I truly was. Evil. "Who wants to take watch tonight" the boy from two asked. "I will" I volunteered. I knew it would be easier to kill them in their sleep. "I will too" Lila said. We sat up camp at the cornucopia. There were plenty of sleeping bags but it was to humid. After everyone fell asleep Lila and I gazed at the stars. That's when the projector projected the faces of the kids who died. Both tributes from 3 a girl from 5. The boy from 7 the girl from 8 and boy from 10 who I had killed and the girl from 11. I felt relief flood through me when I didn't see my kid brother James face. "Im going to go to the bathroom" Lila said.  Only grabbing a dagger to take with her for defence. That's when I noticed my chance. I snuck between the tributes from 2 and slit their throats while they slept. Making cannons go off. This alarmed Lila and woke the boy. I was able to jam my sword in to his back. It didn't kill him but he wasn't able to move. Lila charged at me bow and arrow in hand. She shot my shoulder causing my to drop my sword. She stood over me with her dagger. She was caught with emotion tho. She made the mistake of glancing at the boy from her district. At that time I was able to stab her. It didn't kill her but it left her paralyzed and bleeding out. I limped away from them. I seen smoke in the air and stumbled towards the direction it was coming from. There I found the boy from 11. He immediately came to my aid. I heard 2 more cannons fire. I'm guessing it was for the tributes from 1.

"Did you hear that?" He asked me paranoia creeping onto his face. "Don't worry they were my kills" I told him he helped me to the fire. That's when I seen his face. He was so handsome. His skin was dark and his eyes were pitch black. He stood about a foot taller then me. Maybe more. "My names Ty" he told me. "Im Maggie" I smiled at him. We heard 2 more cannons go off. "We shouldn't stay by the fire" I told him. He nodded. "Can you walk?" He asked me. I shook my head yes. As I started walking I fell. My leg hurt. Puss was seeping through the gray joggers the capital has us all in.  He picked me up with ease and threw my backpack onto his back. I held my sword and the arrows I stole from lila. He had a sphere he carried. We found rocks stacked that could be used as a shelter. In my pack we found water and beef jerky along with darts ointment and bandages. He got me wrapped up. I fell asleep. I woke up to a thunder storm

"Ty wake up" I woke the boy who appears to be 17 up. "I have to go to the cornucopia to meet my brother." He got up amd took that as an invitation to join. There were 11 tributes left. And 2 I knew I couldn't kill. We got to the cornucopia to find my brother feasting on bread. "Who is all left" James asked. "I don't know. All I know is that the careers are dead. I managed to kill them. "I killed 12" james said. "That leaves all of 9. The boy from 5 the girl from 7 both of 6 the boy from 8 and the girl from 10. And us 3. Who wants to go hunting?" I asked. They both just looked at me. Over the next two days everyone was dead besides for us and the girl from 10. We were sitting my tbe river when a knife slid into James heart. Ty threw his sphere and it went into the girls temple. Suddenly it was just me and Ty.

I fell to the ground crying as the cannon went off signalling my brothers death. Ty wrapped his arms around me huggung me for a few seconds. Then he pulled me on top of him placing tbe dagger into my hand. I sat over him. Crying. "Maggie. Listen to me. I want you to do it." He took my hand placing the blade over his heart. "No. I cant. Please don't make me. Just kill me please. My brother is dead. I was supposed to die this whole time" Tears flooded out of my eyes. "Maggie. It's okay. Listen to me. I will be here with you always." He places his necklace around my neck. "Maggie. I don't want to live any longer. You deserve life. Your young and smart and a hell of a fighter. It's okay. You can win this. You can go home to you family. All you have to do is slide the knife into my skin. Maggie you have shown me the beauty of life. If I am to die this is how I want it to be. I think I might love you. Don't think twice. Just do it" with that I leaned in to kiss him as I slid the knife into his heart. For a second he kissed back. Then he was gone and I won.

I woke up with a blood curdling scream. All I could feel was regret. Its all I have felt for the past 2 years. Especially when I looked into his mothers eyes. His siblings were so young. There were 5 of them. Including the young girl rue. There family could have used that money. Me winning benefited my family in no way. I still wear hus necklace. In it is a picture of him and his family. I felt the tears stream down my face.

"It was just a dream" Fin whispered into my ear. He was wrong tho. This was not just a dream. This was my reality. The reality I would have to face again in just a few short days. I laid my head on his chest as he hummed. We laid there for just a few short minutes before Gem interrupted our nap. "Dinner time" she spoke in her capital accent. And with that we got up.