2

"Annija. Your lace is untied." I say as we walk side by side.

"No it's not." She doesn't even look down to check.

"Watch you trip over it."

She scoffs and keeps walking.

After a few minutes of walking in silence, she lets out a yelp.

"Agh!" I say as she topples on top of me.

"Sorry."

"That's.. fine.."

"Haha.. you guys look in a little bit of a pickle, huh?" Darcy's recognisable voice says from above.

"Can.. you help us up?" Annija asks.

"Mmm.. no.. I have a better idea." She reaches into her backpack, and takes out a huge metal bat.

"Darcy.. what.. what's that for..?" I ask, trying to shuffle away from her.

"Ohh.. this? It's for nothing.. except maybe.." She lifts the bat above her head and lets it crash down onto Annija's head, knocking her out instantly.

"Annija!" I call out. "What did you do!?"

"I didn't do anything. She's not dead you idiot. Well, you'll see." She lifts the bat up once again, and instead, hits my head with it.

I blink slowly, lifting my head up to see I'm in a glass box, Annija in another glass box next to me.

"Good morning! It's me! Everyone's favourite!" Darcy says into a speaker phone.

"Let us go!" I shout.

"Aww man.. No!"

"Why are you doing this!?"

"Because.. I can!" She cackles. "Now, I spent all my savings for cosplays on this, so you'd better be grateful!"

"What.. is it?" Annija asks.

"It's a game! So basically, when I say so, you gotta try escape, except there is no escape, and the tank is filling up with acid."

"Acid!?"

"Yes! Did I not just say that? Now.. go!"

She slams her hand on a button, and a yellowish liquid starts pouring into my tank, Annija just stares through the glass.

I bang on the wall, crying and using all my strength to try break it.

"Please! Darcy! Don't do this! I'll do anything-!"

"That sounds like something out of a.. never mind. Just keep trying to get out!"

I look around for anything, when a little bit of the acid catches my foot, I yelp and jump away.

The tank starts to fill rapidly, soon there is no space left, and my feet are left to burn.

After a second I can't even feel the pain anymore, since it's just too much. I just stand there, dying.

My skin falls off, but I don't feel it. I can just hear Darcy's laughs.

"Ouch. Damn. What a mood." Annija says, and that's the last thing I ever hear.