chapter one.

( Josie's outfit at the top ! )

CHAPTER ONE;
    wake up !

  IT FELT AS if she was cursed to be known as "Jasmine's little sister" forever, teachers referred to her as that, and so did the students

  IT FELT AS if she was cursed to be known as "Jasmine's little sister" forever, teachers referred to her as that, and so did the students. However, the select few who had heard Josette Anderson sing knew that she could be more than what she allowed herself to be, Flynn was one of those people. Flynn was one of her best friends -- Julie Molina was the other --, and happened to believe that she should "take the opportunity to shove her sisters ego down her throat and--" well, you get the gist of it.

Josette walked alongside Flynn as they moved towards Julie's locker, moving through crowds of laughing students, ignoring almost all of them, "Hey, underachiever," Flynn grinned, as Julie turned.

"Hey, disappointment, shadow," Julie responded, a grin stretching across her face. "Shadow" was a nickname given to Josette in the third grade after she followed her sister around for a week — biggest regret of her life.

"Okay, I know you don't want us to ask..." Josette trailed, leaning against a nearby locker.

"...but have you figured out what you're gonna do today?" Flynn finished, the pair watching Julie closely for her reaction.

"I'll know in the moment." Julie responded, Josette frowned with a soft sigh, of course she would say that.

"Really, Jules?" Flynn questioned, with a disappointed look. "That's all you're giving us?"

"Mrs. Harrison said this is your last chance." Josette reminded, leaning forward in emphasis.

"I know," Julie stated in mock enthusiasm, "I was there."

Flynn sighed, leaning into Josette in defeat. "See you at the rally!" A voice called out from nearby, the trio turning to see who it was. It was Carrie Wilson of course, handing out fliers for the upcoming spirit assembly.

"Ugh!" Flynn groaned, "What is she handing out?"

"Desperation?" Julie guessed, bringing a grin onto Josette's face, one that was replaced with a scowl as Carrie made her way over with a very genuine smile.

"Here you go," Carrie spoke, handing each girl a flier, "My group's performing at the spirit rally tomorrow. I'm sure you guys have nothing better to do."

"I guess avoiding people named "Carrie" counts as nothing," Josette  murmured, making Flynn snicker.

"Oh my gosh, Carrie. Thanks!" Flynn responded sarcastically.

"Oh my gosh, Flynn. Don't bother coming!" Carrie mocked, twirling her necklace in her hand.

Flynn crumpled her flier in hands, Josette following after, letting out a groan as she saw Julie's lovesick expression. "Nick? Still? You know they're gonna get married and have a bunch of unholy babies," Flynn chimed.