191-195

191 Feng Yi Shuang’s End

The officials in the front hall, seeing the Emperor arriving at Prime Minister’s Manor, all felt that the Prime Minister’s Manor has quite the imperial favor and regarded Prime Minister even more highly. However, they didn’t know that the Emperor was merely temporarily placating Prime Minister’s manor, while he was suppressing Prime Minister’s manor secretively.

“This old subject appreciates Your Majesty’s sympathy!” Prime Minister An gratefully greeted the Emperor.

“Beloved subject please rise!” The Emperor had Eunuch Lu help Prime Minister An up, offering comfort, “Beloved subject is a pillar of Feng country. You must pay heed to your health. Don’t be overwhelmed by grief.”

It truly looked like the a pair of cordial monarch and subject. But whether it was the Emperor or Prime Minister An, both were merely acting. Prime Minister An’s eyes flashed with smugness as his eyes landed on Lan Jian Jun, standing off to the side. Don’t you, Lan Jian Jun, love that legitimate daughter the most? After today, they shall see if this sworn enemy can still stand there like that.

Lan Jian Jun could tell there was something with Prime Minister An’s expression and felt panic slither into his heart. With his son was right beside him, for Prime Minister An to be so smug at him, the matter can only concern Nian’er. Lan Jian Jun panicked, wanting to find his daughter.

But without waiting for Lan Jian Jun to leave, a maidservant of Prime Minister’s manor fell to her knees wailing, “Prime Minister, the little master he…”

Prime Minister An panicked slightly as he heard this. Though everything went according to their plans, Prime Minister An couldn’t help feeling distressed thinking of that little grandson who has just been born a few months ago. That was his An manor’s bloodline. To be able to die for An manor was that child’s honor. A child in exchange for a blow against Lan manor was worth it.

“What? What happened to this old man’s grandson?” Prime Minister An demanded in a panic. Then, he questioned the Empress who was following beside the Emperor, “Wasn’t this old man’s grandson with the Empress? What-what is going on?”

The Empress looked confused, saying “When this empress learned of His Majesty’s arrival, I handed the child to Lan manor’s Miss Lan to take care of. Though Miss Lan is an unmarried girl, she should be able to look after a child. What is going on?”

When Lan Jian Jun heard this, he knew his daughter was schemed against by the Empress’s faction and his entire face darkened. He was fully aware of the danger of the disputes between the different parties, but he didn’t expect these people to drag his daughter into this whirlpool one time after another. He, Lan Jian Jun, won’t let Prime Minister manor have an easy time!

Meanwhile, Feng Xia Qi and Jing Wu An both realized today wasn’t merely a funeral but also a conspiracy. The two of them believed in Lan You Nian’s abilities and cleverness in dealing with these, but they couldn’t help worrying.

How could Emperor Feng Xuan not understand these people were directing their attack against Lan manor’s girl? Thinking of his sixth son who was at the borders, if something should happen to this girl, then the consequences…the Emperor felt a headache coming just thinking about the possibilities.

“What has happened?” Emperor Feng Xuan demanded, while considering if something happened, how could he save Lan clan’s girl.

“This servant doesn’t know. Only Miss Lan and little young master are in the room, but the doors are stuck closed, so this servant came for instruction!” That maidservant trembled as she knelt on the ground, sneaking nervous looks at Prime Minister An from time to time.