하나

A calm and peaceful night but rather painful for Min Yura. At the age of 16, she lost her parents in a car crash- even worse is that she's there when the crash happened but only her survived and Yura was left alone in the cruel world without any relatives to depend on.

Yura works tons of part time jobs to support herself after her parents passing but only resulting with getting fired at the end of the day because of her small mistakes.

More worse was that she got kicked out from her house because she didn't afford to pay the rent. How she thinks god was so unfair that she had to live in such a shitty life.

She stands by the bridge, closing her eyes letting the cold breeze hit her face. She puts her hands on the bridge rail, ready to climb on it. Not until she heard a male's voice stopping her action. She turns her gaze towards the voice.

"Lee juyeon?" She mutters under her breath when she saw the one that stopped her is one of her classmate.

She knew his name since he's one of that popular boys in school. But she barely know him as the new semester just started and they've only been classmate for a month.

"What do you think you're doing?!"Juyeon grabs Yura's wrist and pull her away from the bridge rail before she do anything worse.

"Why?! Why did you stop me?!" Yura snaps. Anger boils inside when she looks at the boy in front of her with tears lingers in her eyes.

Without any second thoughts, Juyeon pulls her into a hug. Yura balled her hand into a fist as she hits Juyeon's chest a few times wanting him to let her go.

She eventually gives up when Juyeon starts stroking her head. She broke down in tears, sobbing loudly making her back moves up and down.

"I don't know what you're going through but please, don't try to do something stupid like that. Suicide is not the answer to solve everything." He strokes the girl's head softly.

Yura buries her face on Juyeon's chest. For the first time in a while, she felt really safe in someone's arm.

—————

6 years later

"Min Yura! Wake up! We're going to be late!" Juyeon stands in front of the girl's bedroom, hands banging on her door.

The door opened revealing a girl much shorter than him completely dressed up with her backpack over her shoulder, giving the male in front of her a glare.

"Shut up LJ. I woke up long ago."

"Whatever. Let's eat." He rolls his eyes, pulling Yura's hand to the dining table.

"Good morning, Mom, Dad." Yura greeted with a big smile on her face.

"Good morning honey. Take a seat." Juyeon's mom replies, mirroring the same expressions. Juyeon's dad lift his face from his newspaper, giving her a wide smile.

"Mom, don't you want to greet your handsome son a good morning too?" Juyeon look at his mom with his eyes looking like a cat asking for food.

"No thanks." She playfully said while placing the bowl of rice for each four of them.

"Seriously, which one is your real child?" Juyeon pouted and took a seat next to Yura. Yura turns her head to Juyeon and stuck her tongue out. His mom chuckles.

Confuse much? Here's the story.

After the incident almost 6 years ago, Juyeon's parents offered her to stay with them and Yura had been living with them ever since. They eventually grew really fond of her and they took care of her as her legal guardian not long after.

Yura thanked them literally every time she got the chance but she obviously can't thank them enough for what they had done. Especially her best friend, Lee Juyeon that has been by her side through her up and downs.

"Eat quickly, idiot. We're late." Juyeon spoke with his mouth full of food.

"Fine, fine. Calm down LJ." Yura pick up the chopsticks next to her bowl of rice and starts digging in.

—————

Juyeon walked to the fine arts building with his arm over his best friend's shoulder. Despite being in the different major, they always went to their school together since their class start at the same time.

"Yura wassup!" A male voice greeted when the two best friends reach the main door for fine arts building.

"Yo kev!" Yura raised her hand and received a high five from the male.

"You too Juyeon." The two of them fist bump.

"Oh right. Your class ends at 1 p.m today, right?" Yura turns her head to Juyeon and he nodded.

"I'll wait for you at your major's building then." Yura said.

Juyeon turned his body, facing the female. He brought both of his hand to her cheeks, pressing it making her face looks like a fish, receiving a death glare from her.

"See you later idiot." His lips cracked into a smile. And there's kevin looking at them with a disgust face.

"Just date already, you two." Kevin said but the two of them just laugh it off like they usually did.

Juyeon and Yura always got teased by their friends saying that they should date or they look good together. People often mistook them as a couple since they always stick together wherever they go. The two got used to it eventually.

Juyeon turns his gaze to his wristwatch as his eyes widened.

"Crap. Class start in 5 minutes. Bye you two!" He exclaimed and waved his hand before leaving hurriedly. Kevin and Yura shakes their head and went to their first class at the art room together.

—————

It was currently 1 p.m and Yura stood in front of the architecture major's building with her back facing the building while scrolling down her social media. She took a glance at the time one in a while.

"He should be out by now." She muttered to herself.

Yura turns her head to see if Juyeon already came out or not. Then, she saw him coming out from the elevator with another male next to him. Yura being the curious person she is, she stretches out her neck to see who but she couldn't see his face since Juyeon is blocking him.

She eventually gave up and pouted. She was about to raise her hand to call Juyeon when the two male finally turned their body, walking towards the exit. The two stopped on their tracks, talking to each other.

That's when Yura saw the male next to Juyeon. He had smaller body compared to Juyeon- and a small face. He was not even smiling but the cute dimple is still visible on his face making Yura smiles unknowingly.

He then turns his head to the front, accidentally making an eye contact with Yura who was still standing there like a statue.

When their eyes locked, Yura felt like her world has stopped.