Chapter 4

Jessica's POV -

"Seriously Jess? You're a cheerleader now?" Jake asked the next day, obviously shocked.

"It was a bet" I said still trying to concentrate on the book in my hand which Jake made hard to do.

"It's fine babe, let her be" said Nicky. "You know Jess, I always knew there was a girl inside you fighting to get out" she said dramatically looking into air.

"And where is she, like, right now?" I asked amusedly as Jake rolled his eyes.

"She is free, and beautiful" she said with a smile making me smile too.

"Aww" I said. "Get out of my room now" I said making my straight face again.

"Okay is anyone realizing how dangerous this can be?" said Jake.

"Come on Jake how dangerous can it be, boys are dumb" said Nicky and realized what she said in a second as Jake stared at her with a frown. "Except you of course" she added quickly as I laughed.

"It's fine, baby" he said unsurely. "And you, I don't want any trouble from this okay" he said.

"Nicky's right, there won't be any trouble" I chuckled.

"And no trouble by you, just don't get into trouble okay"

"I won't, seriously" I said and as he smiled.

"Well then, give me a hug and do whatever you were doing Sunshine" he said as I rolled my eyes and hugged him.

--------

Harry's POV -

"Do you think Jessica likes Louis" said Violet as we stood close to my locker.

"I think everyone likes Louis" I replied smirking looking up for a second before going back to my phone.

"I know right, he's so sweet" she said blushing as I raised my eyebrows.

"I thought you didn't-"

"I just meant he's nice, nothing else" she said quickly.

"Yeah right" I said as the bell rang.

As I walked to inside the library my eyes had found the dark hair again, looking for a book. Jessica.

"Congrats" I said as I reached her.

"What for?" she asked not bothered to look back.

"For securing the cheerleader seat, I hear you had a great audition"

"I just did what I was told"

"So, any guess who you are going to cheer for?"

"No, I wanna be a standby, and I hope no one gets injured."

"You're the first girl who is so uninterested in the thing" I chuckled. "You did it because of Sasha didn't you" I said and she paused for a second before she spoke.

"I don't like to be challenged" she said quietly.

"Yeah, but Sasha does it all the time, it's better if you don't take it to heart" I said as she looked at with a little smile. "What?"

"You sound like you care" she said and turned back to the bookshelf.

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked.

"See you later Harry" she said and walked away from the bookshelf.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked again.

"No, but.. Curiosity killed the cat" she smiled and walked away.

Okay, she's weird why would she say that to me?

--------

Jessica's POV -

I really wanted to laugh at his face when I quoted the cat phrase.

He really thought it had some meaning in it looking so goddamn confused.

But of course I just said it because he was asking unnecessary questions. How much he would care for me after all, I'm not even his friend.

And honestly I don't want to be anyone's friend. It's safe if I just stay away and focus on what I have to do.

So here I was in the woods looking for clues.

What kind of clues, you may wonder, well like I mentioned before I was here because me and my brother were assigned a mission.

Something was so important to the Royal vampires that they found us, turned us into Vampires, trained us without our will and assigned this stupid mission.

For now we had to check the whole forest for any sign of distress, which could possibly be done by a vampire. And to say the least, the forest was full of disturbing scratches all around. Something an animal could never do.

"What could have possibly happened here?" I said to myself looking at a tree.

"A fight.. and a huge one.." said Nicky as she closed her eyes, touching the tree. She had a power. She could see what things had already seen. Only it had to be a living thing, and just by touching she could feel and see all of it.

"Do you see the faces?" Jake asked her.

"No, it's dark.. it's too dark.. They won't stop.. No!" she screamed as she opened her eyes and Jake caught her before she could fall.

"You okay, what happened?" I asked.

"An arrow.. Someone shot an arrow at this" she said looking at the tree.

"It's okay, you're okay right?" Jake said rubbing her back as she nodded.

"I've never seen a fight like that, all between Vampires.. I don't think there were any humans there" she said.

"But if there were no humans what were they fighting for?" I asked.

"I don't know, but that was brutal, the way they were killing each other.."

"Well then we're done here, let's go home, I'll report everything to Eddie" said Jake as Nicky and I nodded.

Not to mention, Eddie was the executive who gave us 'missions' as he liked to call. And the same guy who turned me.

So, I won't lie, I hate him with all my heart.

"Jess, you coming?" Jake asked looking back at me.

"I guess I'll just walk my way home, you guys go"

"Okay, but be careful alright" he said before leaving.

As I walked alone in the woods, silence covering the entire place, I couldn't help but wonder how beautiful the trees looked. They had survived the disaster and now they just stood tall showing off their green color.

Which again reminded me of those emerald eyes I got to see everyday. I bet Harry has been told his eyes looked like a forest, like a lot of times.

I let out a chuckle at the thought as I walked back home.

*****
A/N -

Stay Tuned :)