The Romantic City

The sun woke Logan up, he squinted to adjust his sleepy eyes to the sunlight peeking through a slightly opened curtains. He can see the top of Eiffel Tower in between the lights.

Logan smiled, feeling ecstatic as he grab his phone from the night stand without moving too much. He can't bring Rory breakfast today, and he wouldn't like to break the new habit. Well, not without waking her up that is. She's sleeping like a log beside him, her head rests peacefully on his now-dead-arm. Although despite of his dead arm and sore neck for sleeping in one position all night, his heart couldn't be feeling any lighter.

He managed to send his assistant a quick message requesting a full breakfast to be delivered to their room, oh sorry, Rory's room as Nat would know. It's 2am in New York right now, but it was cleared in the contract that the job requires her to be ready at any time of the day -and night-, and a beautiful benefit package had sealed the deal.

He put back his phone and turn to see Rory, the love of his life, right where she belong. He feels like he couldn't stop smiling at how things have turned out. He's got his girl back.

His mind wandered to yesterday, it was the weekend after the rooftop night and the last day of Rory's work in the city. They've completed their data collection, and ready to move on to the States with an excellent achievement. They've got everything they needed, and more. The team couldn't be more satisfied. Logan had met them for lunch or coffee a few times that week in his quest to spend as much time as possible with Rory, so when they were finally wrapped up London, he took them to a celebration dinner. His treat. He's so proud of them, especially at Rory. She is incredible. She had managed her slightly panicky tendency, and had bloomed into a natural leader who can direct, supervise, advise, and solve problem. Logan is still amaze in how she manages her team. She had shown that talent back in college of course, being the Chief of Editor of Yale Daily News, and believe it or not, her time in the DAR also gave her some managing and leadership experience. He is so proud at his girl. And exceedingly happy to be able to call her his girl again. His Rory. His Ace.

It was a nice Friday night yesterday, and everyone was feeling great, they finished dinner at almost nine, which left Logan and Rory quite enough time to catch the last Eurostar train to Paris. Lucky they still have first class seats, and the pair arrived at the hotel at 1am. He escorted her to her room, and was turning away to his room after he kissed her a proper goodnight kiss, when she held up his hand.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"To my room," he answered. Confused, but couldn't stop the hope creeping through his chest, making his breath heavier and harder.

She pulled him into her room and locked the door, and he felt his heart jumped out of his chest.

They made love twice last night. The first was quick and impatient, unleashing the passions they have both been holding back for many many years, but the second, the second was sweet and slow and romantic as if they were pouring their hearts out. They visited familiar places, and explored new territories. Logan found out Rory's new ticklish spot, and Rory found a new way to send Logan through the roof.

It was perfect.

They fell asleep in each other's cuddle. Logan thought he would die of happiness, but he still managed to whisper, "Good night, Ace. I love you,"

He could feel her smile on his chest.

And now, he couldn't wait for Rory to wake up. He has lots of plan for today, and they don't have a lot of time. It's Saturday, and they would have to be back in the States on Monday, which means they only have today and tomorrow in Paris. But that's okay, he will definitely bring her back.