Chapter 11

Mack's P.O.V.

Blake came in smiling just as me and Luke were packing up. "Well miss Mackynzi, how was your day?" he asks as he goes to sit on a stool. "Oh my gosh it was amazing Blake. I don't know how I can ever repay you. Thank you so much," I respond. "Sing your little heart out on Tuesday. That's how ypu can repay me Mack," "Deal." We shake hands and then Luke pulls up two more stools. He sits on the one next to Blake. "I have to tell you something Mack," Blake says smiling then looks at Luke. "Your faces look like when Kyle and Kasy said they were gonna have a baby," I say. This causes some chuckles. "OK, well Luke is now Team Blake's advisor," Blake says. "That's so awesome." "I know. Well I gotta go but I'll see you tomorrow Mack," Luke replies. "OK bye see you tomorrow," I say back. Shortly after I head back to the hotel where I'm staying. Wow,I think laying in bed,I just met my hero and got to sing fot him. I fall asleep after a while of thinking.

The Voice Finale

Luke's P.O.V.-YAY

I've gotten to know Mack really well over the past couple months. Caroline met her once when she came out to a show. Caroline loved her and Mack loved Caroline. Blake told me Mack was up for adoption and as soon as I told Caroline she said let's do. I can't wait for her to join the family. She's gonna fit in great and everyone's gonna love her, I know it.

Caroline was waiting backstage with me because she wanted to be there when Mack found out. We were talking about how we think the boys will react to having a big sister when Mack came up to us. "Oh my gosh Caroline," Mack screamed running up and hugging her. "I didn't know you were gonna be here." "I wanted to surprise you," I heard Caroline reply as I was walking over to Blake. "Nervous much," he says pointing to my shirt. "Dammit," I mumble noticing I've sweated through my shirt, "Is it normal to be this nervous?" I ask. "How should I know. The only adoption papers I've ever signed were for dogs," he replies "Haha, but I'm serious Blake. I've never had a daughter let alone missed out on her first 16 years," "Well all I can say is treat her right and don't screw up," "Gee, didn't think of that," I reply sarcastically. Just then I'm told I have to go find my seat.

Mack's P.O.V.

I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my entire life. It's the finale tonight. And my sixteenth birthday so earlier we had cake and sang "Happy Birthday" all organized by Luke. As I'm walking around backstage I see Luke and Caroline. I run up to Caroline and hug her. We start talking and Luke walks off to go find Blake I assume. Soon I'm told that I need to go get ready and Caroline and Luke go find their seats. I'm singing "Girl Crush" by Little Big Town and me and Blake are gonna be singing "Pancho and Lefty." My choice. I think I have the biggest cheering section tonight. Zaine is here along with his parents, Chad and Maezi, his little brother Wiat, Zaine was eliminated at Top 12. Kyle, Kasy and AJ, they're son who's 2, are here and Dakota, they're 1 month old daughter, is here as well. Luke and Caroline too. I go out and sing and an hour later I'm standing on stage ready to here the results. "And the winner is...Kam Stevens from Team Adam. Mack is runner-up." Carson says.

Blake's P.O.V.

I'm sad that me and Mack didn't win but it doesn't matter because she's gonna feel like a winner pretty soon. I look down at Mack and see she's crying. "Hey Miss Mackynzi it's all right. You're the youngest person ever to compete let alone make it to the finale on The Voice so you should be proud of that. When you turn 18 you come down to Nashville and call me when you are because you'll have a record deal waiting on you," I say. She gives me a hug and I say,"Let's go beckstage and see your family," I'm answered with a mumbled "Yea" as her head is in the crook of my neck. She's only 5 foot 5 so I just pick her up and carry her back there.

Mack's P.O.V.

Sure I'm sad I didn't win but what Blake said made me feel so much better. We go backstage and everyone's there plus Miranda and Little Big Town. "Oh my gosh," I scream. All of a sudden Luke yells, "Could everyone quiet down please. Me and Caroline have something to say." I instantly think BABY.

Luke's P.O.V.

After changing my shirt 3 times, using a whole thing of deoderant, and half of a can of Axe it's time. I get everyone's attention and Caroline comes and stands beside me. "So me and Caroline have been feeling like we've been missing something. And that something is standing in front of us in blue jeans and a red plaid shirt and the t-shirt I gave her for her birthday." I look at Mack's face and she looks confused. "Mack, could you open this card?" I ask my soon to be daughter.

Mack's P.O.V.

So Luke and Caroline just gave me this card. Honestly I'm so confused. I open the red envelope to see a blue card with a dog on it. I open it up and notice that some papers had fallen out. I pick them up and see two signatures. Luke and Caroline's. I open them up and see "Adoption Papers" in big, black letters. I look up at Luke and Caroline with a big smile on my face. I run up to them and pretty much knock them over. I hug them and start crying as we're sitting on the floor.

Luke's P.O.V.

I can't belive this. I have a daughter now wow. I look up at the little crowd in front of us. We stand up and I say, " Mackynzi Leah Bryan everyone." I'm pretty sure no one has stopped smiling. About an hour later everyone had left and the tw-three of us were headed home to Brentwood. We thought it would be hard for Mack and Zaine but she didn't even talk to him. We asked what was wrong but she said she didn't want to talk about it.

Caroline's P.O.V.

Right now we're at the airport about to take our daughter home. We got all her stuff shipped to our house last week. "I guess we sould have all the family over sometime next week to tell them, shouldn't we Luke." I say to Luke. " Luke. Luke. Thomas Luther." "Oh, yea sure love." Just then we're called to board the plane. Next stop our new life. I-We can't wait