chapter two.

CHAPTER TWO;
wake up !

JOSETTE PLACED THE final cup onto the table before sitting in her chair next to Julie

JOSETTE PLACED THE final cup onto the table before sitting in her chair next to Julie. It wasn't uncommon for Josette to eat dinner with the Molina's, she tended to spend more time at their house than she did at her own home.

Ray placed a bowl on the table as he and Julie placed the last of the leftovers onto the table, both sitting down after they finished.  "Okay," Ray started, "Let's do this." Josette grabbed Ray and Julie's hands, Carlos and Julie both extending a hand towards the empty space at the table, almost as if they were grabbing their mother's hands, "You're turn Carlos."

"Thank you for our leftovers and the power of the mighty microwave," Carlos prayed, "Amen."

"Amen," Julie and Josette spoke, biting back a grin.

"So," Ray spoke, placing some noodles onto Julie's plate before moving to do the same for Josette, "Carlos tells me he found you in the studio."

"She was out there talking to herself," Carlos informed.

"She was helping me rehearse for my play," Josette covered, Julie nodding along with the answer.

"Hello, hello!" Victoria, Julie and Carlos' aunt, called walking into the home.

"Oh, busted!" Carlos sing-songed, standing up to hide the place they had set for Rose.

"Yeah, we're in here. Quick," Ray called, Julie passed silverware to her father, handing a cup to Josette, before placing the plate in her won lap; Carlos threw the place-mat under the table, the four hurriedly began eating.

"Spaghetti. Again?" Victoria scoffed, placing a container onto the counter, "That's too bad. I brought you my pasteles and arroz con pollo."

"Yum," Ray responded, watching as Victoria took the container to the fridge.

"Mm," Julie agreed, "Thanks, tia. It smells great."

"You can have it tomorrow," Victoria dismissed, opening the fridge, "I can't let you have leftovers every night. My sister would kill me, may she rest in peace." She walked over to the table, gesturing to the empty space, "I see things her are going better."

"Actually," Ray started, reaching for more spaghetti, "...Julie has been cleaning out mom's studio. Hopefully, we can get the house on the market and some offers soon."

Josette frowned, remembering that the only reason Julie was in the studio was because they were preparing to get rid of the house.

"Well, I like the sound of that," Victoria smiled, "Moving from here is only gonna help you move on." Josette felt Julie nudge her harshly, making her look over at her. Julie nodded her head towards the door, Josette followed her gaze, her eyes widening when she caught sight of the three ghosts, "You've got to rip that Band-Aid off and get the pain over with."