chapter three.

( Josie's outfit up top ! )

CHAPTER THREE;
bright !

       WITH A SIGH, Josette climbed over the fence separating her backyard from Julie's

The Anderson girl had gone home to get ready for the day when she and Julie woke up, only to find that no one was home. She wasn't surprised.

"What are you doing?" Josette jumped, whirling around to find Alex, Reggie, and Luke watching her curiously.

"I didn't want to walk around the house," Josette replied, her face flushing with embarrassment.

"You probably shouldn't be climbing over fences in a skirt," Luke pointed out, "It's very distracting," he gestured to Reggie, who looked ready to drool.

"I've got shorts on under," Josette pouted, lifting the left side of her skirt just enough for the boys to see the black shorts underneath, "besides I could Flash the whole neighborhood — no, the school, and no one would notice."

Josette sent a small smile to the ghosts, but it fell as Flynn made her way to Josette, obviously crying, "Uh, Flynn?" The girl didn't reply, simply grabbing Josette by the wrist and dragging her into the studio, "Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not okay!" Flynn cried,
"Carlos told me you'd be out here," Flynn spoke, startling their best friend, "We need to talk."

"Are you okay?" Julie questioned as she gathered the sheet music into a pile.

"No, I'm not okay!" Flynn exploded, "You just got kicked out of music! I've been up all night thinking about what I was gonna say. Might've drank seven sodas, but... I need to get this out."

"Wait. I have something to tell you--" Julie tried, only to be cut off.

"No, it's my turn to talk," Flynn continued, dismissing Julie, "You can't give up music. Your music's like a gift, that would be a tragedy. You're basically, like, canceling Christmas, and I love Christmas!"

"Flynn--" Josette tried, but was cut off by Flynn.

"Uh-Uh! When we were six, we promised to be in a band together. Triple Trouble," Flynn continued, making both Julie and Josette raise an eyebrow.

"I don't remember us agreeing to that name," Josette said, gesturing between herself and Julie.

"That's not the point," Flynn sighed, "Jules, if you leave the music program, we'll be apart forever. That's just what happens. Sure we'll see each other in the hall sometime, but.. we'll have different lives, make new friends, and Josie will obviously follow you to the end of the earth so I'll be all alone."

"That's not true," Julie reassured.

"I won't be making any new friends. The only time we'll contact each other is when we'll be liking each other's posts on Instagram," Flynn ranted, she gestures to an imaginary phone, "Every time I'll be hitting that little heart, my heart will be breaking because my best friends left me, and..." She groaned, rubbing her temple, "Do you have any soda? My head hurts."