RED HANDED

Just as she stepped foot onto the deck, she let out an inevitable gasp as her eyes scanned the spacious wooden area; it was utterly beautiful. It was nothing like she had imagined, nor like how literature portrayed it to be. The ship had detailed, glamorous hand carvings on its railings and on the barrels; that probably contained essential materials or gunpowder, that laid around in the open. She observed the crewmates, doing their usual tasks; some up on the masts and others on the deck, with her.

The huge masts had many ropes attached to them, holding up the white sails; that helped the cruise of the ship. She turned her head to the side as her eyes met with the forecastle deck that stretched out to the bowsprit. Mesmerized, she couldn't help but let out a quiet 'wow', her eyes sparkled as they mirrored the vast blue ocean that surrounded the ship.

She heaved a relieved sigh. The path ahead of her was going to include many mysteries, unbeknown to her naive self of the present, many secrets were to be disclosed in the process.

The people on the ship, curiously eyed her, but she was too focused on admiring the surroundings to notice it, that is, until the same authoritative male voice snapped her out of it.

"Alright, listen up!" The platinum-blonde haired, commanded with a clap as all of the people who were aboard the ship, stopped their tasks and paid their full attention towards him.

"We have a guest. She will be with us until we reach the next island." He gestured towards Mido. "However, I want no-one to interact with her as we cannot blindly trust outsiders." He shot a glare at the girl. "No matter how much they pay us." His words were mocking her previous actions.

The hazel haired girl couldn't but think why did he even agree to helping her, if he was going to be such a douche about it. Money-hungry brat.

"If I catch anyone going over my words, you lot know the consequences, right?" He raised an eyebrow, finalizing his speech.

Mido noticed how fearful the crewmates were; they gulped before they nodded, their pupils shaking. She, too, didn't want to know about these 'consequences' after seeing such a reaction. Getting on his bad side probably was worse than a death sentence, if that was even possible.

"Great! Any questions?" He questioned, this time with a sweet smile, as if he did a full 180° personality turn.

She stared at him, incredulous. She definitely didn't expect this quick of a change in attitude.

'Is this man bipolar or something?' She thought to herself, as she judged him, wholeheartedly.

Her eyes diverted towards a crewmate who had, rather timidly, raised his hand. The platinum-blonde haired nodded at him, encouraging him to speak.

"What if she wanted to go to the bathroom for her necessities, Captain?"

"Good question. I will assign someone to escort her, when she needs to use it or they could show her the way when she settles in." The captain replied, calmly.

Mido wasn't surprised when she got to know that the platinum-blonde haired was the captain. She had guessed it from the aura he radiated and everyone around here obeyed him, meticulously.

She knew she was going to sleep on the deck but; those last words of his; made it seem as if she was going to live in luxury, just the way she was at the palace.

"If there aren't any further questions, you all may continue to carry on with your tasks. Also, get ready to sail because we need to leave this island within this evening." The captain stated, as loud responses erupted from the ship, making Mido flinch, slightly.

"Yes, captain!"

"Good!" The platinum-blonde haired said, as a slight grin decorated his face. All of them turned away as they resumed their tasks. The captain turned his head to his younger mate as he called out to him.