Chapter 2

2 Years Later

Emma Pov

"Emma you're on set in 5 minutes"

I nodded with a small smile and continued to look at myself in the mirror. My long brown hair was put into an elegant bun with a few pieces out to frame my face. My makeup was done beautifully with little to no effort thanks to Fernando, my makeup artist. As I look in the mirror I can't help but feel my heartbreak.

When I look into my own eyes I see her as if she was staring back at me through the mirror. Whenever I smile I see him, missing the smiles he would give me. It's been really hard without both of them.

"You look beautiful" I looked at the person standing behind me in the mirror.

"Thank you, grandma!" I smiled, smoothing out my dress. "It's a beautiful dress. I can't believe you want me to model it for you"

"Honey, of course I would want you to. You know this dress was originally your mother's design?"

"Really?" I looked down admiring the dress, loving it even more.

"Yes, and I think she would want you to keep it after the shoot." She placed my hands in her and smiled a big, bright smile of hers that can light up any one day.

"Oh, grandma I can't do that. What about the-"

"You're keeping it and that's final. Now let's go dear everyone is waiting for you"

***********

"Don't forget you have an interview, another shoot for Betty, a-"

"Ted I know" I chuckled at my manager, "And I'll get everything done tomorrow after school"

"Right school. I forgot you do that. Have you ever considered homeschooling? It would be easier for someone like you"

"I'm not doing homeschooling. Plus this is my last year and I don't want to miss it"

"Okay but before I let you go remember there is a charity gala on Friday. I'll email you the rest of the details."

"Thank you! Bye Ted"

"Bye Emma"

I sigh, plopping on my bed. I am exhausted after the busy day I had. After the endless shoots I had, I went to business meetings with other fashion companies, and now it 11:00 p.m. I slowly got up from my comfy bed, instantly missing the warmth and comfort it brought me. I turn my shower on and waited for it to get hot. I stripped out of my clothes and looked at myself in the mirror.

My long brown hair was now a bird's nest laying on my back and my makeup was still perfectly intact. I looked at my olive tan body and just starred in deep thought. I have a nice body that I was proud of maintaining but sometimes I still go back to my bad habits. My stomach was flat with a little chub that I didn't mind. My thighs were thick making an hour glass shape. My breast weren't too big but also not too small. I love my body but I can't help to compare myself to other girls.

As the steam covered the mirror, I jumped into the relaxing hot water. After cleaning myself up I turned the water off and wrapped my silk robe around my body and a towel around my hair. I walk into my room and nearly had a heart attack.

"What the fuck Chris!" I screamed at him.

"What?" He laughed

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see my favorite girl" He wrapped his muscular arms around my waist, "And since I already saw Betty I thought it couldn't hurt to see you " He joked

"Oh so you have a thing for my grandma now"

"Oh yeah, she is hot but not as hot as you. Especially right now" He smiled kissing my exposed shoulder.

"Okay loverboy" I pushed away from him and went towards my large walk-in closet. It was kind of like another bedroom but with all my clothes, shoes, and accessories. "You couldn't wait till tomorrow?"

"No, because then I couldn't have you all to myself" He leaned against the door frame. I took this time to admire him. Chris was absolutely handsome. His caramel hair was looking soft as ever, his dark brown eyes looked at me with so much intensity. He has a great body too, which to my disappointment I can't see much of because of his clothes. I mean he does play just about every sport so he constantly works out. He could be a model if he wanted to but he refuses whenever it was offered to him since he wants to focus on sports.

Chris and I have known each other for years because our parents were friends. We were never really close when we were younger but in 8th grade, we started to become actual friends. The summer of freshman year we made it official and ever since then I've been head over heels for him.

"What are you thinking about?"

"How lucky I am to have you"

"I believe it's the other way around, babe"

"Whatever" I smiled "now get off me I gotta change into my pj's"

"Don't change" He smiled down at me, "Your clothes are gonna end up on the floor anyways"

"Chris we are not doing that tonight, I'm tired. Now here" I handed him some of his spare clothes he leaves here. "Go wait for me on the bed while I get change"

"I love it when you're demanding" He smirks but left to go back into my room.

I change into lavender silk shorts and a matching tank top. I braided my natural curly, damp hair and then walked back into the bathroom and brush my teeth. Then I lotion up my whole body before climbing into my favorite place, my bed. Big, warm hands wrap around my waist and pulled me into his muscular chest. I breathe in deeply, loving the way he smells, and smile as I exhale. I look up to see him already staring at me with a small smile on his soft, pink lips.

He cups one side of my face with one of his hand, "I love you, Emma"

"I love you too" I smiled as our lips met each other.