The First Mission

"Be careful everyone. I'd hate it if anyone is killed. Especially if it's their first mission," one of my team mates, Jaxon, said looking over at me and Damien. I rolled my eyes and adjusted my grip on the brand new gun I had been given. Even with armor on, I knew it was him.
It was also one of the newest guns made, and why they had decided to give it to me, I'd never know. They said it was their best gun, and they had named it the Peacekeeper MK2, or just Peacekeeper for short. The name was probably going to become a pun later on.
We were in the area where it was said a group of Shadow Agency members. We had been looking around for the past half an hour with no sign of them.
"Should we just return to base? They're obviously not here anymore," Dexter, another member of our team, said.
"We can't just leave. We haven't even been here that long," Jaxon said. Dexter sighed.
"Wait," I said, stopping everyone. I had seen movement ahead of us. I readied my Peacekeeper and slowly walked forwards. Damien followed me with his plasma sword ignited. He also had a pistol ready incase he needs it.
"Look out!" Jaxon shouted. One of the Shadow Agency members appeared beside me. I quickly turned toward then and shot them. They fell to the ground, dead.
Gun shot sounded behind me as my team was attacked.
"Try not to kill too many of them! We need some alive!" Jaxon shouted over the noise.
I felt a fist collide with the back of my head, and I spun around and knocked them to the ground. They grunted at the impact of hitting the ground and then at my foot heavily on them.
"I've got one on the ground!" I shouted, looking around at everyone else. Dexter had just finished up killing one and them pinning another to the ground.
"Take their helmets off," Jaxon instructed. We all did that.
I gasped and almost lost my footing on their back. I recognized the person.
"Mum? What the actual hell?" I asked, shocked.
She grunted. "Damien, now," she said. Damien ignited his plasma sword and plunged it into Dexter.
"Damien! Nooo!" I yelled, and let my foot off of my mother. He held up his pistol at me. I stopped suddenly.
"I don't want to shoot you Natalia. Don't come any closer," he said.
"Why are you doing this?"
"Shadow Agency is right. Someone needs to control Ardonia. And I'm going to help them," he answered.
"Damien, our ride is here," my mother said, getting up and dusting herself off. "And some others to help these hooligans get up off the ground."
Gun fire could be heard from up above us.
"Don't shoot us. I swear if you do, you're fired," she said into a walkie-talkie.
All of my team mates had to run and duck for cover. I ran over to Jaxon and one other team mate who was with him.
"How do we get out of here?" I asked him.
"We just run. They know we're retreating, so they'll probably leave us to do so," Jaxon replied. "But then again they could just kill us."
"You aren't helping Jaxon," the team mate with him said.
"Sorry. I'm just saying the reality of our situation."
"Let's just try to get out of here."
"We run on my signal," Jaxon said into his walkie-talkie. He put theee fingers up and counted down. "Everyone! Go go go!"
What was left of my team ran out over to the helicopters we had arrived in.
"Do you want me to go after them?" I heard Damien ask as we got closer to the choppers.
"No, just let them go," my mother answered him.

As soon as I got on one of the two choppers we had, I looked over at the Shadow Agency group on the ground.
They now had Damien on their side, and I felt like defeating Shadow Agency would become much harder than it would've been with him.