[07] The Next Generation

Hoseok couldn't help want to deny Lisa's words about a traitor being in their village but he knew the possibility still stood

Hoseok couldn't help want to deny Lisa's words about a traitor being in their village but he knew the possibility still stood. He felt his blood run cold at the thought of it being someone close to him.

"How would we find the traitor though? It's not like they would come out if we went searching." Taehyung inputted as he ruffled his hair in annoyance.

"We keep this to ourselves. For a fact, it couldn't be us or our students. Unless one of you would like to prove me wrong." Jin commented eyeing everyone with a dark glare.

"Not even the elders?" Jennie proposed earning a disapproved head shake.

"Those old geezers would just start conflict within the villagers if they knew. We need to keep this top secret." Lisa responded causing everyone to hum in approval. They all knew she was right, if the council heard of the news chaos would irrupt in an instant adding to the list of problems.

A young assassin came running toward the group, his face flushed red with sweat. He huffed heavily as he tried to catch his breath. "All the intruders have been dispatched of, fortunately there were very few casualties." He told them making everyone's tense muscles relax at the news. "However elite assassin Chonnasorn Sajakul was found dead." He continued making Lisa's face pale.

Chaeyoung gasped as tears started pricking her eyes. One of their younger classmates had been killed in cold blood. She gritted her teeth at the realization of Sorn dying so young.

Namjoon swallowed back his emotions and turned to the informant, "Is that everything?" He asked clearing his throat stopping from releasing a small weep.

"No senior, emperor Jung was deeply wounded in a confrontation with the enemy and is currently being treated–"

"Hoseok wait!" Yoongi shouted as Hoseok bolted away from the group but his words fell on deaf ears. "Shit." He mumbled before him and the others chased after him.

Jisoo looked at the boy, "Send reinforcements outside the walls from this point and try to track any movement. Tell them to come straight back if they find nothing." She ordered before rushing off.

Chaeryeong paced around the wooden deck as her teammates fumbled with their weapons or hands. She was completely worried about the news reaching Hoseok.

Soobin jumped up once he noticed their seniors rushing toward them. "Hyung." He mumbled before Jin embraced him tightly.

"I'm glad you're safe." Jin whispered as he patted Soobin's back. His worry instantly washed away seeing that they were not injured in the slightest.

"How is he?" Hoseok asked Chaeryeong who bit her lip nervously hesitant to even speak a word. But deep down she knew he needed to know how bad his uncle was before facing him.