KINGS WRATH

CHAPTER ONE: KINGS WRATH
-The disappearance of Will Byers-
November, 1983

The one thing that Peyton Strosin hated more than going to school, was waking up early. Today, I had to do both. After a rough night of tossing and turning, I finally sat up and let out a long yawn then rubbed the sleep out of my eyes before looking down at the clock that read the time of 7:30.

"Shit," was all I could say as I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. When I was done with that, I rushed back to my room and grabbed anything that I could that would be used as clothes. When I finished getting ready I ran downstairs and sped past my dad, only grabbing a apple for breakfast.

"Hey dad, sorry we can't talk, i'm going to be late for school." I told him in a hurried tone, trying not to make this awful start to the day worse by making dad sad.

"Alright Peyton, have a good day. Love you-" my father was going to finish if it wasn't for the slamming of the front door that cut him off.

I got into my car and threw the still opened bag into the passenger seat and sped off to school.

By the time I got to school it was 7:58 and I realized time was running out. Right when I grabbed my bag and jumped out the car, someone collided into me and made me hit the ground hard. I looked up to see Jonathan Byers standing above me.

"I am so sorry, let me help you pick up your stuff." He says, as he scrambles over to pick up the notebooks, papers, and pencils that have flown out of my bag and scattered the parking lot. The only thing that I can do is roll my eyes at him as we hear the bell right for first period.

"It's whatever Byers, you already made me late for class." I scoffed, "And now thanks to you, I have to deal with a pissed off Mr. Sidey." I told him, in a sarcastic happy tone. I grab my bag from his hands and finished picking up the rest of her scattered belongings. when I finished I began to walk into school, with Jonathan trailing right behind me. After some time he finally spoke up,

"I am so sorry, I feel bad that I made you late." He said, with guilt washed over all of his face.

"Jonathan, just because you said sorry doesn't change the fact that I am still late." I retorted, clearly annoyed that he won't take the hint and leave me alone. We both have the same class even though I was a grade lower, this was something that I was not thrilled about.

As we both step into class all eyes fall on us. The teacher, Mr. Peterson clears his throat and speaks up,

"Well, it is so nice of you two to join us." He pauses, and I looks around the room and sees a snickering Steve Harrington.

"What right does he have to laugh at me?" I questioned to myself, giving him as fake smile. This only added more flue to the flames as he laughed a bit harder. Mr. Sidey spoke up again,

"Now may you two please take a seat." Jonathan and I walk to the two only untaken seats in the classroom next to each other. "Now everybody look who you're sitting with, they will be your partner for the rest of the semester." I couldn't believe what I just heard, literally dropping my face into my hands. "Now take a few minutes to get to know one another."

"Hey, so about earlier, i'm really sor-" Jonathan spoke, before I cut him off.

"Save your pity Jonathan, this day has already started off worse than I could have ever imagined. So please just be quiet and let me cope in peace." Looking past Jonathan and seeing Steve give us the side eye. I mouth the word "Prick" to Steve while flipping him off.