| 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐒 | 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥

Boötes, known as the 'herdsman' or 'ox-driver', is a constellation in the Northern sky. One myth associated with Boötes is that of the wine maker Icarius. He made wine so strong that the shepherds who drank it thought they had been poisoned and killed him. 

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

🤍

The sun had risen over the misty mountains, turning the black stones grey. The students blinked in the light, shielding their eyes from the rays that dappled into the entrance courtyard.

The Death Eaters looked like an army of ants as they marched in, Voldemort at the head. The battle didn't seem to have made a dent in their numbers at all.

Three of them held large ropes, attached to the lumbering body of a somber-looking Hagrid. He cradled someone in his arms - a sleeping figure.

These were the people who had murdered her parents, and here was their leader, in the flesh. This was the first time Angel had seen the Dark Lord in person, and his snake-like appearance filled her with a particular terror. 

"Harry Potter... is DEAD!" he announced through the wound-like opening in his face.

"No..." Hannah exhaled. Ginny screamed, rushing toward Harry, but her father held her back.

"Silence!" Voldemort commanded with a wave of his arm. "Stupid girl... Harry Potter is dead. From this day forth, you put your faith in me."

Angel felt her breath becoming shallow. It was really happening. Today, the wizarding world would end, and tomorrow, the destruction of the Muggle world would begin. Harry Potter, the only person who could defeat this tyrant, was dead. Their only hope, gone forever.

Beside her, Draco found her hand and laced his fingers through hers. She closed her eyes,  focusing on the warmth that radiated from his palm.

Voldemort turned back to his followers. "Harry Potter is dead!" Laughter rippled over them, already reveling in their victory. "And now is the time to declare yourself," he said to Hogwarts. "Come forward and join us! Or die."

A despondent silence had fallen over everyone, before a single voice rose into the air. "Draco!" Lucius Malfoy was motioning for his son. "Draco..."

She looked up at Draco. Fear tainted his grey eyes, and his jaw clenched, his throat trembling. 

"Draco." It was Narcissa Malfoy this time. "Come."

His fingers that had tightly clasped hers loosened, just a fraction, so slightly that she almost did not feel it. Her heart sank. He wants to go.

If I love him, I have to let him go, she thought. They are his family, after all. It took all of her strength, but she relaxed the pressure on his hand. Go if you want to. Her heart was hammering in her chest. But know that you are not like them. You will never be like them.

The second that passed felt like an eternity. Draco dropped her hand, and her world came crashing down like a tidal wave. All eyes were on him as he made his way down the steps. Away from her.

As she watched him cross the courtyard, Hannah grabbed her wrist, as if afraid she would run after him. She almost had.

If a time should come when he has to choose between your life or his family's, believe me when I say he will not be on your side. Don't be stupid and give him all of you when we know he would not do the same.

How many times now had she and Draco been torn apart, reunited, then torn apart again?  It had been him and her, going against the hurricane of odds that tried separate them. But now, it was not the fate of the stars or some higher power that was making Draco leave her. He wanted to. He was abandoning her.

We'll run, hadn't he said? I'll run forever if only it's with you.

The air was cold beside her where he had stood just moments ago, and she wanted to cry. Everything they had been through, the pain she had endured because she trusted and believed him. It had all been for naught. Her dad had been wrong after all.

"Ah, well done, Draco." She watched as Voldemort put his arms around Draco like a prodigal son. "Well done." His betrayal clawed at her stomach, churning her insides and making her feel sick and weak.

As Draco joined his parents, Neville's scuffing footsteps caught Voldemort's attention. Grinning, he asked, "and who might you be, young man?"

"Neville Longbottom."

Another bout of laughter erupted from the Death Eaters. Hatred surged through her as Bellatrix cackled the loudest.

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we can find a place for you in our ranks-" Voldemort began, but Neville's voice sliced like a knife over the guffawing. "I'd like to say something." 

"What is he doing?" Hannah whispered in panic, and Susan kicked her feet to be quiet.

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have to say," Voldemort indulged Neville. 

"It doesn't matter that Harry's gone," said Neville, loudly. "People die every day. Friends, family. Yeah, we lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us. In here." He touched his chest. "And so is Fred, and Remus, Tonks, all of them."

Angel closed her eyes as she listened to Neville's speech. The backs of her eyelids glowed with the sunlight, and her parents' faces floated in the dark space.

It's alright. You're here with us now, eh? You're here with us...Nothing to worry about, darling.