The news

Hermione waited in the dorm. She knew that right now, at seven pm, he would be corresponding with the minister through owl. Dumbledore's schedule was to wake up at six thirty am and get dressed into his robes, go down for breakfast at seven, then go run errands, usually to do with the order of the phoenix and so forth between eight and twelve before lunch were he would usually eat in his office. At one he would complete paper work for a few hours. He will then eat dinner and chatter with the other teachers and correspond with the minister and give him advice. He would go to bed around eleven after often times pacing his office for a few hours. Seemed that he was pondering something. You see, Hermione had been watching him for weeks now and knew his every move.

One fifteen, the time when Dumbledore was in his deepest sleep. She left the dorm at five to one and walked carefully down the hall. 'I must complete my masters orders'. Hermione chanted in her head as she walked. She dodged Mrs Norris and Filch, neither of them suspecting that she was there. She was smarted than them, even as a mind slave. When she arrived at Dumbledore's office she kept walking. She knew the password but that was of no help to her. It was loud for one and the door was also alarmed at night so she would have to go round the back.

It was a longish walk, taking her to the other end of the castle and through a long passage way that was completely unknown about by everyone. Hermione had done some 'digging' to find it. Hermione entered Dumbledore's office before he walked up the stairs and to Dumbledore's bedroom as silently as a mouse. As Hermione had said, Dumbledore was sound asleep, his half moon glasses gently rested on the night stand. He was peaceful despite his evil mind, letting Harry be beat up, broken and bruised. Yet somehow Hermione felt nothing as she gazed upon him, knowing that he too should soon be taken by death.

"Tormentis mortem." Hermione whispered, her wand pointed towards him. Dumbledore's eyes shot open, his mind warped and saw his deepest regrets. His whole body convulsed in pain. He screamed a name; Ariana. It lasted hours with no means of escape. 

"I'm sorry Ariana! I didn't mean for you to die!" He screamed as he writhed in pain. Hermione watched as Dumbledore's life slipped away and Dumbledore died. Hermione used a spell to string Dumbledore up to the ceiling, dangling by his legs with a little note reading 'to all those who defy them'. It was almost six in the morning when Hermione left, slipping back into her dorm. She waited for her masters approval and instruction. Without instruction she was just on standby. She was nothing without the voices telling her what to do.

_____________________

Harry and Tom went down for breakfast the next morning and Dumbledore wasn't there and Harry and Tom smiled a little. Had Hermione succeeded in her mission? McGonigal got up at last, presumably to see were Dumbledore was. Hermione was sat at the Gryffindor table, eating her breakfast as if nothing was happening. She was Tom and Harry's perfect mind slave and nobody would even suspect her of this. It wasn't long before Filch rushed in and ran over to Snape. He whispered something to him and he looked horrified. 

"Students, back to your dormitories." Snape said over the chatter. A silence was cast over the great hall. "Right away, no fuss. Professor Dumbledore had been murdered."

_____________________

AN - I hope you liked this chapter! Please leave a comment if you did!