Fencing

“My father found out about the video,” Adrien said.

Marinette cringed, giving his hand a squeeze. “I’m sorry.”

“Why are you sorry? I’m the one who suggested it.”

“I shouldn’t have agreed,” Marinette countered. “What’d he say?”

“Oh, he’s livid beyond belief.” Which was a bit of an understatement, to be honest. Adrien couldn’t remember another time seeing his father so angry at him.

Marinette groaned, burying her head in his shoulder. “I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay,” he said, fighting the desperate urge to kiss her hair. “Honestly, the response that video got was worth it.”

She raised her head to look at him skeptically. “Really?”

“It was trending number four for a few hours. That’s your biggest hit yet, right?”

“I mean… yeah,” she said. “But I don’t want that at the cost of you getting in trouble.”

He smiled, her concern warming his heart. “Honestly, I deem it worth it. I think that was the most fun I’ve had filming anything. At least, in a long while.”

Her smile was sweet. “Well, I’m at least glad about that. Not about you getting in trouble.”

“I told you, don’t worry.” He let go of her hand, only to reach out and wrap his arm around her shoulders, causing her to trip close to him. “It’s handled. Now, to the point of me asking you out today.”

“Oh? Marinette said, her eyebrow quirking in curiosity and her lips curling into a smug, lopsided grin. “So you have an agenda for asking me out?”

He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck out of habit. Adrien didn’t know why he as so hesitant to ask. They’d been dating for nearly four weeks now, long enough where Adrien should feel comfortable in asking her. His mind was still spinning over the fact he was dating Ladybug. “I… you know I fence, and I wanted to invite you to my tournament this Saturday.”

Her expression fell, and he instantly regretted. “If you can’t, it’s fine.”

“What time?” she asked. “Because I promised to visit with my parents Saturday night last week.”

“It will last from nine in the morning until whenever I’m disqualified or win. Hopefully win. So, late evening.”

She frowned. “I can show up for the morning,” she said. “But I may have to go early. I promised my parents by four.”

“I’d appreciate if you were able to show up at all.”

She smiled. “I’ll be there at the beginning. Just text me where it’s being held at and how to get in.”

“Will do.” He paused his walk in order to squeeze her close. “Thank you. It means a lot when anyone is able to show up for me.”

She frowned. “What do you mean?”

“I mean my dad doesn’t show up anymore, and Nathalie is always busy. And then my friend who usually shows is out of the country at the moment.”