A Line in the Sand

(A/N: I haven't updated this since January... I am so sorry. Regular updates can be expected on Thursday PST from now on.)

Kaylee and Jay race to Ed and Edna's scrapyard, landing very dangerously in the sand. 

"Take your fangs off my parents, you darn dirty snakes!" Jay yells, blasting a few of the snake warriors. "Mom! Dad! Are you okay?" 

"Oh, well, I'm now very late for my quilting circle," Edna says remorsefully. 

"I think a quilting circle is the least bit of your worries, Mrs. Walker," Kaylee says, using her powers to fling the snakes around. 

"The Ninja mustn't interfere. Get over there and take them down." Blunck, one of the commander's orders.

"Whoa, whoa!" Ed yells as the snakes began walking towards him, but Jay saves him. "Oh, Jay, what's happening? These fellas came out of nowhere and started grabbing things."

"Yeah, they do that," Jay says. 

"Oh! Now that's rude!" Edna yells as a Warrior tries to take her broom. 

"Uh, Jay, maybe a little help?" Kaylee asks. "I'm doing all of the work here!" 

"Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you," Jay says, completely ignoring Kaylee. "I'm gonna get you both out of here on my bike." Jay sees his bike was taken apart. "Argh!"

"This is why you fly. You don't need stupid cars that can get taken apart." Kaylee mutters. 

"Message received, Commander Machia. Vermillion Warriors, we're leaving. Take the builder, now." Blunck orders. 

"Vermillion Warriors? Really? That's what they're calling-" Jay starts, but then turns around. "Hey!"

"Let go of me! Watch it!" Ed says as Jay saves him from being kidnapped.

"Take her, she may be a builder also." Blunck orders, as one of the cranes from the Vermillion Warriors battle things, grabbed poor Mrs. Walker and drove away. 

"Hey, hey, hey get back here!" Kaylee yells, jumping, and blasting away the other Vermillion. 

"Wait, wait! I don't like to go anywhere without my purse! Aah!" Edna yells as the car speeds up. 

"Edna!" Ed yells. 

"Put me down! Aah! Help!" Edna shrieks. 

"Mom! Hang on, I'm coming!" Jay yells. 

"This is why you fly Jay! Fly!" Kaylee yells, running and jumping up. "Airjitzu!"

"It's not supposed to let me fly! That's the dragon!" Jay shrieks. 

"There's meatloaf in the freezer, honey!" Edna yells. 

*  *  *  *

The Vermillion and Ninja made it to the Sea of Sand.

"Lovely morning for a ride in the desert." Blunck says, as their metal vehicles line up with the other Vermillion caption's vehicles, blasting sand behind Kaylee. 

"Can you stop? I seriously am spitting out- Mmph!" Kaylee yells, before receiving a mouthful of sand. 

"Ooh, Kaylee are you okay?" Edna questions. 

"It's too blasted hot!" Raggmunk complains.

"Yes, but it's a dry heat," Blunck replies. 

"You see, this is why I wanted my purse. I keep a bottle of water in it. Hydration is important!" Edna yells.