Knight- a man (or woman) who serves their sovereign as a soldier

A/N: Things... are coming together ^-^ Meanwhile, here's a shitty haiku
~
A meeting, soon now.
Two colliding, intertwined.
Will Fate let them be?

~~~

Amazon Rainforest, Exact Location Not Given

"Do not go into the trees, child." An elder 'wise woman' of the tribe she and the curse-breakers were visiting drew her closer with a grip of iron. "You will not come out alive."

The 'Desconhecido'- a tribe of wizards that lived to protect the lands they had from the muggles' destructive nature- were one of the only groups, in all the time she had traveled with the curse breakers, that had declined her offer to negotiate. As Maria had to explain to her, in their culture, women were considered to not yet be 'purified' if they were not tied to a male wizard. So the two women in the small group and she stuck together as much as they could, as the stares from the males in the tribe were unsettling, but as the others were in the nearby temple, she had sat as far as she could from the village.

The trees here were... powerful.

They spoke louder and more freely, the plants more alive than they were in the other places she'd been and even though everyone kept telling her the trees were dangerous, she had her doubts. They were just lonely.

"The impure one escaped her patron's gaze?" One of the men that led the village stalked over smoothly, his English broken and gaze heavy.

Spring sneered deeply and snapped her teeth, making the wise woman release her with a muttered prayer. Teeth bared viciously, she stalked past the man. "I am no one's property, nor do I have a patron."

She had been a patron of many, but she would never bow to another. Even mother and father knew that.

Returning to the circle in the middle of the camp, she sat against one of the 'good trees' and watched the members of the village warily, Nox doing the same thing by her side.

"Hey Spring! How was your day?" Maria and Jacqueline moved to sit by her, the three 'tainted' women having grown closer in the presence of the rude stares.

Her eyes narrowed on where a group of village men were looking their way and muttering, but she took a deep breath and tried to relax. "It's been okay. I got scolded again for going too close to the trees- though I think that they're just trying to hide something."

Jacqueline laughed. "Suspicious! I like it!"

"Yes, well as much as I like mysteries, I also think that maybe you should spare Bill the heart attack of getting lost in the woods." Maria shook her head but smiled as the others moved to join them with the food from the night, and the conversation moved to the inscribings they'd found in the small temple.

The women were not even permitted to get food, as they would 'infect' it.

Summer save her, the men in this world were idiots.

Dressing in the loose clothing that was more muggle than wizard because of the hot climate, she wished the group well as they left for the temple again and then moved to go sit under the tree in the middle of the village she'd started to think of as 'hers'. With Nox lazily curled at her side, soaking up the sun as the sidhe was unaffected by any temperatures even if they should be extreme, Spring took out her notebook and a piece of parchment so she could start a letter to Severus.

Halfway through the letter, Nox stood up suddenly, rounded ears at attention and spine stiff.

Looking up, she saw the men from the night before congregating and starting towards her. Quickly, she jotted out a note for Bill, folding the letter and holding it out for Nox. "To Bill. Stay with him and keep him safe. I will be fine." She knew that the sidhe could very well find her no matter where she was, but she didn't want it to be away from the group and risk being hurt.