All I could do was blink. My mind went absolutely blank. Chaos? My dad? I mean, I knew being a demigod came with a lot of complicated backstories and stuff, but I'd never heard of anything like this.

Everyone took a collective step back, even Eve. I turned to look at her and her face displayed what looked like horror. Even eve was scared of me? But how? The girl constantly opened paths to the underworld to visit her demons. I'd never seen her scared of anything. Well, except for that one time I made her pop tarts have legs and walk over to her but she told me not to tell anyone about that...

The first thing that I said was, "Does this make me a goddess?"

Chiron blinked. "I- um, I don't believe so. Unless the goddess of love slept with the primordial god of chaos, I think this is only a blessing."

I made a mental note to check with my mom the next time I saw her. She's slept with about 50% of the population, immortal and mortal. I wasn't taking any chances.

"That doesn't really make it any better," Liz said, frowning. 

I bit my lip. Was I going to lose friends over this? If the people I love drifted away from me, I wouldn't be able to protect them anymore. Not that they need protecting. They can fend for themselves, but it still wasn't a pleasant thought.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." I assured everyone. No matter how much "blessing" I'd gotten from this god, I wasn't going to let it control me.

"That's not the problem azi," Evangeline said.

Everyone looked at her with the weirdest look. Liz gave her the same one. "What do you mean?"

Evangeline looked like she was about to speak but Eve cuit her off. Still clutching her stomach from being thrown into a wall, she said, "I hate to admit it but Evangeline's right. If Chaos himself claimed her, that means he's no longer dormant. He probably already has some sort of plan to take over the universe. Claiming Azi was just the first step."

The other demigods started murmuring to each other. I cursed under my breath. Eve was right. This wasn't just some random coincidence. It was part of a much, much bigger scheme. One that I REALLY didn't want me or anyone else to get mixed up in. But seeing as we're demigods, I should've seen this coming.

Voices got louder around us until it was shouting. I saw eve move her lips but I couldn't hear what she was saying. I hoped it was just something stupid like "man it's loud."

Chiron soon got fed up and yelled over everyone, "SILENCE!" Immediately, everyone shut up. Even the Ares kids, who shout just instead of talk on a daily basis. The centaur sighed and looked over at my friends. "Evangeline, Jaleigh, Liz, Eve, Aziza, and all of the cabin head counselorS. Please meet me in the Rec. room. We need to have a meeting."

The crowd of teens slowly dispersed as everyone that Chiron had named started to walk to the Big House. I ran over to Eve, who was leaning on a cabin wall after having backed away from me just like everyone else. She glared at me. "What?"

"We need to get you to the infirmary, that's what," I said matter-of-factly, putting her arm around me so we could start walking towards the Apollo cabin.

She shook her head stubbornly, trying to stumble away from me. "I don't need help. I'm fine. Let's just go to that stupid meeting."

I sighed and turned the other way. "Fine, if you say so."

Eve smirked. "Wow, giving up so easily? I must be growing on you."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Yeah, imagine that."