Chapter Three

Yua

According to Kirishima and Shinsou, who really couldn't decide what the plan actually was, the plan was simple. Or at least, if you made two separate plans out of what each of the boys was screaming, they both made sense. Bakugou liked Kiri's idea, and so did Yua.

Yua would keep her blindfold off so she was constantly using her quirk on anyone that looked her way, Kiri and Bakuhoe would be attempting to carry Yua and Shinsou so it wouldn't be such a hassle to figure out which foot to pick up and how, Bakugou would use his explosions to propel everyone forward if he could, and Shinsou would use his quirk to trick people into handing the sticks over.

It sounded like a pretty simple plan, and simple was one of Yua's favorite words. It wasn't too simple, though. She nodded along to what Kiri was repeating about the plan and then went to get tied together with Kiri and Bakugou in the middle to carry- or whatever- Shinsou and Yua.

Yua picked at a scab on her arm, trying not to think about how she actually made it to the second round of the UA sports festival. It was just then sinking in how lucky she got.

Then she remembered she was partnered with Shinsou and a couple of weirdos, one of them being unnecessarily loud as fuck. Yay for Yua. Her life was just great.

"Three, two, one, go!!!" It was seconds after their ankles were tied with a rope that Midnight yelled into the megaphone it was time to start running around with no aim, like laboratory mice in a maze.

That's what Yua and Shinsou tried to do, but it soon became difficult, for they were attempting to walk on air. "Help me! This is assault!" Yua shouted and flailed around when she realized Bakugou was about to break her ribs. "Shut up extra. Don't you remember the fucking plan? Take off the blindfold before I do it for you."

Oh, right. The plan, duh. Yua untied the blindfold and folded it neatly into a square. She then shoved it in her pocket and let Bakugou carry her. One of her feet was attached to Bakugou's, but the other was waving freely, so she could kick someone if she really wanted to. She didn't, though. She was too busy staring at people and catcalling them like those weirdos in sports cars in the movies. They had a mountain of people following them. They were crawling over each other and stepping on their own feet. They were loud, too. The wouldn't shut up about how pretty she was, but no one could really hear it because all of the voices sounded like one. Yua just knew what they were saying- she was used to it.

It was kind of funny to watch, and they technically could think it was Shinsou's quirk, so she was safe from people knowing her quirk when- if- she made it to the third round. That helped Yua calm down a bit, but they still needed one of the stick things.

"We need a baton!" Kirishima yelled over the voices of the crowd that had gathered behind them. Yua already knew, loud guy.

"Get one. I thought this class was smart." Shinsou sighed.

"Well how are we going to do that? I don't see one in the crowd behind us." Yua chewed her fingernails. She didn't seem it, but she did have a bit of a  competative side, and she wanted to make it to the next round.

"Look, I'm trying to hide my quirk from the other teams, so whatever I say, Shinsou says at the same time." Yua said loudly enough for her team to hear her.

"I'm not seducing a bunch of random kids and have people think I'm actually doing it." Shinsou said sharply.

"I have a gift card for that cat cafe I saw you at once." Yua tried.

"Fine." Shinsou shrugged. Yes!

Yua whistled loudly, but that was dumb. It was too quiet to be heard. Yua told Bakugou and Kirishima to turn around and face the small crowd that was following them. There were only a few full groups, and the occasional non-hypnotized person that was dragged along with whoever she was able to look in the eyes.