Jaskier from Modern au

Otherwise known as "I've read so many isekai's that they've bled into other fandoms as fanfiction idea's"

Netflix show

Modern au Jaskier is a college student studying music. He can sing, compose, and plays four instruments. (Piano, violin, cello and guitar)
Similar to canon (or is it fanon? Its been so long that i don't remember) His parents are rich. They wanted him to be like them but he disliked them. He hated how they pushed him and put him down for what he likes.
He wants his music to be heard, to be known, in any form. Perhaps as the soundtrack in movies or games. Perhaps on it's own via internet. He isn't picky.

(Also he may have un-medicated ADHD because his parents are assholes. Let's say he has set up his habits to help him with his ADHD)

Along with music he has a love of stories. Books, movies, games, if it involves a good story he will check it out. He even has a critic channel (perhaps on YouTube?) where he talks about what they did wrong.

He expected to live his life dealing with his parents growing hatred of him and his refusal to conform to their wants. He expected to make his music and, maybe if he's lucky, have his music become a little popular.

What he did not expect was to get yanked through a portal into a medieval looking house! It seems someone (or some thing, it's up to you really) wanted a rare songbird with variety. Jaskier was it's unfortunate prize.

Whatever his kidnapper is, Jaskier escapes and finds himself in an entirely different world. Full of monsters, magic, and more.

Perhaps his kidnapper put a translation spell over him, perhaps he has to learn the languages spoken, either way time goes on. He becomes a bard and plays for coin. He is charismatic but has only a vage idea of how a world like this works.
He still has a bit of 'fun' with people but not as often as canon Jaskier. He knows what sort of thing happens to people in this day and age if they play around with the wrong person (thanks history class)

He was doing okay in this world, no expectations from his parents, no taxes or bills, none of that. Of course he is more careful with how food is prepared, what/where he drinks from, and keeps a small silver dagger on him. (When he learned monsters were weak to silver he snatched one up right away), he also has a copper water flask because of a PBS special about copper killing bacteria in mear seconds.

Then he just had to go and talk to a witcher holdup in the corner of the tavern.
Be still his bisexual heart.

He follows him, ends up following him for years. This is when he realizes something.

Jaskier isn't aging.

Geralt doesn't seem to notice but Jaskier does and it is freaking him out. He knows he'll have to tell his friend soon but he hasn't a clue where to start. Because really who would take; "hey so I was kidnapped from another world and haven't aged since I've been here" and NOT think him mad?

Then the Djinn happened and his throat was closing up.

Perhaps he slips into his native language in his panic, maybe he makes nervous jokes about dying, either way Geralt is freaking out but trying not to show it.

Yennefer saves Jaskier and recognizes that there is something off about him but doesn't know what it is.

Some canon happens.

After the dragon hunt, after Geralt turns his anger on Jaskier, Jaskier snaps.

He starts yelling back, shocking Geralt because he didn't expect that. Jaskier crys when he is angry.

He calls him out for trying to put blame on Jaskier for things outside of their control. In his anger he let's a few things slip.

While calling Geralt a shitty friend he let's slip that he's so shitty that he never even noticed how Jaskier hasn't aged. He realizes what he's said, and they both stare at each other. He wipes his eyes and tells him that he has been trying to figure out a way to tell him without sounding like a mad man.

Geralt is still frustrated but also a bit chastised from Jaskier yelling at him with real anger. The other times Jaskier has yelled hasn't been like this. He hasn't a clue how to deal with these situations.

They both sit in silence for a bit before Geralt asks him to tell him his story.
Jaskier does.

By the end of it Jaskier admits that he hasn't wanted to return to his world in years. He can be himself in this world without a care. The only things he misses from his world are material things. Books, music, technology, food variation, everything else doesn't matter.

Geralt now realizes why Jaskier has acted as he has towards monsters, people, even himself.

Jaskier never grew up with the stories that demonize witchers, he never grew up fearing a monster attack.

They both make up in the end and continue to travel together.

Occasionally Geralt will ask questions about Jaskier's world. Jaskier will answer, tell him about the stories he's read, play music he remembers, maybe even show him a doodle trick with tiny drawings and a few sheets of paper.

Geralt ends up teaching Jaskier the proper way to use the dagger he bought.

This could be friendship, could be romantic, I don't care.

Jaskier wants to stay, gets a found family that loves him more than his blood family ever did, and maybe even gets the chance to go back to his world (which he turns down)

Have fun!