He's A Pisces

Kenjiko started to become so much more open with me lately. He laughs when i calls his name jokingly now. Sometimes he would call my name jokingly in return.

But on June 15th, 2019 everything changed between us when our shift ended and i was about to leave.

"Hey. Wait on me."

Even though i've been thinking about him and been joking around with him at work, i still didn't saw him as someone i would date at the time and vice versa because i didn't think i would be his type. The persona i have put around this workplace is very loud and obnoxious which explains why i'm not very likable around here.

But i try to be happy with my persona.

But you're so annoying.

Oh i'm sorry. Did i ask for your input?

You pretend so much and its annoying.

If i don't pretend you would be exposed.

And you would look twice as crazy.

"Okay." , i stood by the exit as i wait for him to finish off his machines.

It was late and we were the last two left.

When it's this late the jitneys are no longer on the road so there is nothing left to do but walk home since i dont have a car.

Unless..

"Okay? You ready?", He asks walking out of the exit.

"Yeah. Are you driving?"

He scoffs, "No. I'm walking too."

"Oh."

Oh.

We started to walk leaving our manager in her office as usual.

"So where do you live?"

It was surprising enough of him asking me to walk with him home but to actually start a convasation with me is up and beyond.

Aww do you feel important?

Fuck off.

"Up in Golden Gates. What about you?"

Please be nearby. Please be nearby.

"In Coconut Grove. You know where that is, right?"

"Uh huh.", i smiled. "I grew up around there."

I lived in "The Grove" from when i was 8 to 15 years old when my mum was with her ex fiance. Then we moved at Seven Hills all the way in the south for about 3 years. Then we had to move again cause mum got evicted and found a one bedroom apartment in Golden Gates. Thats why i even got this job. It's not a good feeling seeing your mum struggling with life when you are capable of helping her right?

By the way my mum is a single mother with 5 kids under one roof. I have never known anyone in this world who is as strong and independent as my mum. My oldest sister Cassandra was living with us in Seven Hills for about a year before she moved out and got her own place. I never complained because before, i was sharing a room with my 4 younger siblings and since i'm the second oldest i didn't hesitate to move into my sister's room. Her room was so cozy and spacious and it was the last room in the house which was a bonus. Having my own room was not something i've had before so the feeling was different.

I loved the feeling of being alone.

Long story short though, Kenjiko is not nearby me.

Figures.