ten

***1 month time skip***

"Shouldn't you be studying for your finals? Don't want to fail a subject before summer break." Suna looks up from his pile of school work. You're lying on his bed, legs dangling off the side, swinging back and forth. 

You continue to stare at his ceiling, arms sprawled out. "Not really worried about them. More worried about nationals." 

"Mmm...your shoulder bothering you again?" Suna brings his attention back to his work, nibbling on the back of his pencil. 

Propping yourself on your elbows, you give a quizzical look at him. "What is it with you and my shoulder? Do you have a shoulder kink or something?" 

Pushing away from his desk, Suna crosses his room and flops besides you on his bed. Glimpsing down at him,  your heart flutters; His eyes are closed, lips slightly parted, hands clasped over his stomach. "No, i've just been noticing your shoulders bothering you." He responds, eyes still closed. 

"Whatever," You sigh. The setting sun through Suna's window casts his room in a golden glow, watching a few dust particles fluttering around. "How long have you been studying?" 

Suna opens one eye, checking his phone. 6:37. "Five hours." 

"Jeeeze," You fall back into the soft duvet, scooting into Suna's arms. "I thought you were just sooo smart, you wouldn't need to study." You tease, tilting your head into his chest. 

"You know," Suna's hand tangles up in your hair as he twirls the strands around his fingers. "It's just a 'just in case'..." 

A short moment of silence. 

"...You got no clue what you're doing, don't you?" 

"Yup," He laughs, pulling you closer into his body. "No clue." 

Silence. 

"I think...i'm going to take a nap." Suna mumbles. 

"...okay." 

"You gonna head home?" 

"...I don't think so." 

Getting no response, you tilt your head up to see Suna's face; his eyes are closed again, sleeping peacefully. You shake your head, laughing lightly. "How do you always fall asleep so quick, hmm?" 

An hour has passed, and Suna was still sleeping. You never left Suna's grasp, simply enjoying his heartbeat and soft breathing the entire time. The golden glow of sunset had passed a while ago, darkness slowly consuming Suna's room. Your phone propped on Suna's stomach lights up yours and Suna's faces in a fluorescent glow. The light was starting to hurt your eyes, making your temples slightly throb. You try to push yourself off on Suna, wriggling out of his grasp. 

Suna shifts over, pulling you back down into his chest. He mumbles something about staying. 

"Suna, you gotta keep studying though." You pry his arms off you, sitting up on his bed. "Come on, Rintarou, get up." 

Suna stirs at his first name being used, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as you click the lights on. "Can you stay while I study?" He asks, pushing himself up off his bed, feet dragging as  he goes to his desk.  

"Can't," You peer over his shoulder, taking in all of his work and notes. "I got swim conditioning in thirty minutes." 

Suna's brows furrow; You don't know if it's because he doesn't understand his work or because you can't stay. "Damn, this late?"