(Y/N)'s hard work for her rank

"What? You want to climb the ranks?"

"Yeah, I do. For now, I just want to climb from Alef to Bet. So I was hoping you could show me how to." You ask causeing Asmodeus to suddenly stand up from the bench and cry. He turns his back towards you, 'I almost thought that (Y/N)-sama had no interest in ranks, but I knew it must've been getting to her deep down... And she have every right to be upset! (Y/N)-sama did something as unprecedented as making the Guardian of Cutthroat Valley her pet, yet her rank was immeasurable! She obviously can't be ranked on the same scale as the rest of us demons, but that's no reason to place her at the lowest rank of Alef!' Asmodeus thought ready to help, turning back to face you. Asmodeus grabs your hands in his, "I was displeased when you were ranked as an Alef, as well! I was becoming numb from all of our foolish classmates who lack ambition, but moving up the ranks is a demon's pride! Let us move up the ranks! Now, let us prepare!" Asmodeus proclaims with a determination in his voice that makes you sweatdrop. "S-Sure." You agree nervously, wounder if this was a good idea or not.

"Prepare for what?" Clara asked tilting her head. Asmodeus answered with any hesitation. "What else? To prepare (Y/N)-sama to rise up to the highest rank of Yodh and then...reign over...all of Babyls!"

"What!?" Out of all the things Asmodeus had said this one takes the cake. And it's just your luck, that other students were around to hear your plan of school domination.

"Holy crap!"

"He just said something crazy!"

"Another legend's about to be born!"

"I'm sure (Y/N)-san could do it!" Eiko said admiring you.

"Azz-kun, I'm fine with just being a Bet!" You said worried that his little speech was gonna do more bad than good. "Huh? B-But" Asmodeus gasps, as if he just realized something. 'No, this is (Y/N)-sama we're talking about. I'm sure she has some profound reason that I could never even fathom.'
He gets down on one knee, "I apologize for my presumtuousness."

"Hey, don't worry about it! But Azz-kun could we stop standing ou-"

Asmodeus ignores your words and outstretches his arms to face the other students, who have been watching. "Now, (Y/N)-sama are going to prepare to rise up to the rank of Bet. Make way!"

"Why Bet?"

"Dang, he suddenly brought my expectations down."

"Ths is still gonna be crazy."

"I'm devi looking forward to it!"

Eiko fears, that you rise up to Bet, you and her won't be the same rank anymore. Her demon dragon friend, though, said that she can just move up too.

"Now, let us go, (Y/N)-sama." Asmodeus said with a gleam in his eyes as he took your hand in his. "Wait, wait!" You both stopped, looking back at Come-Come, the school store's owner, approaches you both. He carries his bamboo spear with Clara sitting on top."Take her away." He demanded, most likely she got into trouble messing with his stuff again. "Yeah! Take me away!" Clara roared, sighing you out stretched you're arms signaling for a hug that Clara was more than happy to give.

A little later as your group was walking down an underground path.n"Where are we?" You questioned, "This is Babyls' underground gym." Asmodeus explained "Wow, we never knew a place like this existed under our classrooms."

"It's so big! Connor! Murf! You can run around all you want down here! Roll...ing-g-g-g-g-g-g-g!" Clara rolls down the path, directly to the gym field. "Um Clara i don't think that's running..." You said sweatdropping

"Honestly, she's such a nuisance." Once you reached the field, Asmodeus explains how to raise a rank. "There is currently one way for you to go up a rank, (Y/N)-sama. And that's to get good marks on the periodic rank promotion exams we have in class." "Promotion exams?" You questioned titling your head a little. "The next promotion exam is in a week. The thing we'll be tested on is execution cannonball."