Chapter 11

When I felt hunters warm body pressed up against mine I was finally able to get some sleep. However when I woke up I felt cold and alone. That is until I saw purple eyes staring right at me taking me by surprise.

"Indigo?"

She gave me a small smile as she sat down at the edge of the bed.

"Freia told me what happened. She brought me here to see you in hopes that I could cure you of your broken heart."

"There's nothing you can do. When I lost my child I said things I did not mean."

"I see."

Looking over towards the fire I saw that my baby was gone.

"Where is he?" I ask In a voice filled with panic.

"Freia has taken him away so that she can give him a proper grave."

"SHE HAS NO RIGHT!" Stumbling out of bed I weakly make my way towards the door only to be stopped by Indigo.

"You need to eat."

"Let. Me. Go."

"Your baby needs to be buried. If he is not buried soon then his rotten body will attract many insects and rats who will eat him for a meal."

More tears begin to fall as my body began to shake.

"She has no right. She wasn't there when he was born..."

"Where was she?"

"How should I know." Indigo didn't let me go but she did help me outside which is where I saw Freia just about to burn my child in a small makeshift raft.

"STOP!" Rushing over there I yank the torch out of her hands while glaring at her angrily.

"You have no right."

"He is my son and deserves to be put to rest!"

"Where were you?!" She gave me a confused look as I asked the same question again but this time a crowd started to form.

"Where were you when I needed you the most. You say you love me and that I'm yours, and yet you where no where to be found when our baby was born."

"I should have been there for you. I knew our child would have come any day now, I was excited to become a mother... I can not tell you the rest but I can show you what I was doing the day you gave birth."

I wouldn't let Freia guide me instead I let Indigo guide me as Freia led us a few miles from the village. As we stopped I noticed something hidden in the tall bushes up ahead. Wood and sticks where scattered everywhere along with homemade tools.

I watched Freia struggle a bit before pulling out what looked to be a tiny square bed fit for a newborn baby. My anger diminished some as she stood there utterly calm.

"I knew the baby would need a place to sleep whenever they where born, so I decided to make some type of baby bed that would be easy for you to put him in. I was going to put it on stands but I could not figure out how to attach the legs I had made. I am sorry for not being there for you when you needed me the most."

Walking up to the small bed my child would have slept in I fell to my knees and begin to cry. I could feel Freia's warm hand lay gently on my shoulder as she got to one knee and whipped my tears away.

"We can try again."

"No. I don't want to try again, at least not yet." She looked disappointed as she nodded her head in agreement.

I didn't want to burn my baby, but burning him is a must for if they where to bury him his corpse would attracted many wild animals.

"Sorry." I tell Indigo as she stood by my side with Freia on the other.

"It's fine. But I think it's best if I go now, I don't think your mates people are to fond of me. But I only ask one thing before I leave."

"What?"

"I know loosing a loved one is hard but you must eat something in order to get stronger once again. And don't forget, even though your son is gone he will always be with you."

I didn't smile nor frown as Indigo left.

However deep down I wish she would have stayed. Even if Freia's people hated her.