Floating Like a Lilo

How much can you change and get away
with it, before you turn into someone else,
before it's some kind of murder?

War of the Foxes,
Richard Siken

I needed someone to depend upon.

I was alone. I was emotional.

Lilo by The Japanese House

Is it possible to run away from the things you did?

Is it living? If you are running away from yourself, deep into the clutches of someone else. And you're falling into the monster's arms but if evil is evil and good is good, why do you love something that is warm with rot and blood? It lives-you decide it is alive. But stare in the mirror again, go on. Look.

The person you are and girl in the mirror are not the same. Buried beneath the cobweb of your memories lies the mess of an unborn monster, a demon god silenced by rage.

Sukuna stares-your eyes are hollow. Observe the veil closely and death will snatch you away.

You know well how destructive the concept of death is. In a way, it eats at you, so slowly that you feel like Prometheus with his blood smeared across that boulder at the mercy of those vultures. Blistered is your tongue, having been cut loose at the mercy of your mother. You are the future vessel, skin and soul stitched together, crafty eyes sow bones into a crown. He is the King, and you are the slave. The weight of your name carries a millennia of power reaped by your devout clan; [L/n] [F/n] is the Vessel.

Six years after your mother dies in your arms-blood slicking down a cracked skull onto the grass, a haunting, cold feeling infecting her skin-you follow in her footsteps into the world of curses. But you are so blinded by the darkness that you have grown numb to the idea of salvation. How to live, how to love, how to exist. It becomes clear as the endgame edges closer to the end of teenagerhood, that salvation is a crippling, self-inflicted death.

You ought to treat it as mercy-save yourself before you save others. Charge ahead into the blighted hell and Itadori will follow.

He always follows.

Or

The past is a veil that cuddles an infant; first a blanket, then a scarf, and now it's a noose. Look closely into the pensive gaze beyond the dead and the truth will start to strangle you. And damn, you learn that the hard way.

(Because Itadori is a temporary vessel for the Demon King of Curses, Ryoumen Sukuna. But that position, unbeknownst to many, will soon fall to you, even if everyone dies for it.)

There's no stopping...

when it comes to God

...when it comes to God

Disclaimer

I do not own Jujutsu Kaisen ─ it is created and written by Gege Akutami. I do own this plot alongside any OC I create for the purpose of this story. Please do not take inspiration from my plot or steal my OCs/depiction of the MC.

If you notice similarities in plot, format, description of text with other works on fanfiction sites, or on Wattpad, please contact me privately via Wattpad DMs. I have already had instances where this book was plagarised. I do not wish for it to occur again.

The Reader (the Main Character) will be addressed with She/Her pronouns.

Content Warnings

Murder, Minor and Major Character Deaths, Gore, Discussion of Mental Illness, Canon-Typical Violence, Child Abuse / Parental Neglect, Self-Deprecation and Inferiority Complexes, Implied Emotional Manipulation, Swearing and Mishandlement of Trauma. This book does not romanticise the sensitive topics discussed, nor does it contain NSFW content.

If you are below the age of 15, please do not interact. If you still wish to read this work, then please refrain from voting and commenting; be a ghost reader.

Author's Notes

This book does not seek to romanticise trauma but I know very well that people on this platform freaking LOVE to be 'emo' and romanticise trauma anyway. So, do not overshare in the comments about your tragic backstory where your mom left you at the grocery store - I don't care. Do not insult the MC and do not insult or mock child abuse or mental illnesses. I will just mute you.

Do not comment anything sexual or horny. This book is not NSFW and I do not need to reiterate this message more times than I have to. No one is going to 'rail you' , you are like 14 , go do your homework instead because Sukuna or Gojo won't be doing you tonight. Also stop being annoying bc Itadori cant read ur comments but sadly I can and jessica XxPotatoWaifuxX no one cares if you would do something differently.

Blah blah blah don't fetishise asian culture, don't comment manga spoilers, don't call me author-chan or I'll do brain surgery on myself. You will be blocked and muted if you do not respect the privacy, boundaries and wishes of myself or other commenters. Do not try to stir arguments.

I dont ask for much rlly it's just frustrating to see ppl turn my book into something it's not agh!!!! anyway happy reading + feel free to vote or comment!!! I enjoy constructive criticism + any feedback :D

started: 261120
finished: 101121

happy reading,
FLOATING LIKE A LILO

© parhkers, 2020