|childe| "Hush"

A/N before we start ehe: this takes place during the childe story quest so if you haven't done that yet mmm spoiler warning for you.

fr SPOILER WARNING ⚠️
description: childe pushes his limits again, leading to a lot of worry and a confession 👀
~~~~~~~~~

"Give me another ten seconds, Teucer...Still hiding."

Your eyes widened at the ruin guards looming over Childe, and readied your weapon. Lumine stood by you, drawing out her sword.

"Now who's the cheater? Alright, ten seconds, that's it..."

You heard Teucer start counting. Lumine glanced at him momentarily to check if he had opened his eyes yet.

"Ten,"

You and Lumine watched in worry as Childe stepped up to the nearing ruin guards and smiled at the four of you.

"Ha..."

Before the first of the metal monsters could strike, he dashed toward the trio of ruin guards, striking each one before plunging downward, using his Foul Legacy transformation.
The ruin guards were blown off their feet, and were pierced one by one after. A small blush crept up your face. He really had gotten stronger. You mentally slapped yourself. 'Not the time, Y/N.'

"Six, Five, Four,"

As he pinned the last ruin guard to the wall, he landed in front of you, the one-eyed face of his mask facing the two of you.

You knew Childe still hadn't recovered from the last time he used his transformation. That couldn't be good for his body. You had to check on him later.

"Three, Two, One...Coming, ready or not!"

You watched as Teucer took in the scene before him, following behind.

"This...This is everything I've ever dreamed of! Its Mr. Cyclops world!"

He gasped and giggled in delight, running off to see the gift his brother gave him.

"This is the surprise your brother prepared for you." You heard Lumine say.

"Yeah, Mr. Cyclops is the best!" You agree. Before you could bring up the topic of finding Childe, Paimon piped up.

"Wow...He actually pulled it off! And the way he knocked those ruin guards around was like they really were kids' toys..."

"That's Childe for you. Always eager to push his limits, even to the point of killing himself..." You laughed, but deep down, you were worried for the Snezhnayan troublemaker.

"But Paimon wonders if he'll be alright after using the Foul Legacy transformation again..." she trailed off. You sighed.

'What an idiot...Always trying to push his limits, he'll end up killing himself one day...' You thought to yourself.

"Awesome! Tee-hee!" You turned your head to Teucer. "Boy, if these Mr. Cyclopses weren't so big, I'd sure love to take one home." Maybe Childe did spoil him too much. That was what led to all this in the first place.

"Wait...Where'd he go? Where'd my brother go?" Teucer questioned, no longer distracted by the the defeated ruin guards.

"You guys were playing hide-and-seek, weren't you?" Paimon reminded him.

You and Lumine agreed to help find Childe. Lumine spotted him sitting in a corner, out of breath. The both of you ran over to him.

"It's a good thing you two found me first...Looks like using the Foul Legacy transformation while I was still injured took more out of me than I'd thought..." He could barely even stand up. You crossed your arms once more.

"Childe, what were you thinking? You could've been-" You were cut off by Childe laughing.

"Hush, you're so cute when you're angry. I'm fine, Y/N." Childe smirked.

A deep red blush appeared on your face, and the rest of your sentence was forgotten. Your crush on the Fatui Harbinger was definitely not helping right now.

"Besides...I've no idea what I'd do if Teucer saw me like this --  look at me, deflated as a burst balloon..." Childe continued sadly.

"Was this worth the effort?" Lumine asked, hands on her hips.

Childe chuckled, "Like I said, I can never pass on an opportunity to test my limits."

"As usual." You huffed.

"You know me so well~"

"Alright, enough with the flirting already, lovebirds!" Paimon interjected, sticking out her tongue in disgust.

"Anyway, childhood dreams are all too easily shattered. Even if you just leave
them be, they will fall to pieces by themselves. So, someone has to protect them, right?" Childe breathed out. "If you make a promise, you keep it, if you make a mistake, you apologise. And if you give someone a dream, you defend it to the end. That is what family is all about, isn't it?"

As Lumine looked lost in thought, you sighed once more and glanced sadly at Childe.

"Aha...Remind you of something, did I?" He chuckled before coughing and groaning in pain.

Paimon finally had enough and cried out, "Quit the tough guy act already! You need to see a doctor right away, mister!"

"Paimon's right." You began. "You've been stressing your body out a lot more lately. About time you took a day off."

Childe finally got up, and passed an action figure of Mr. Cyclops to Lumine, asking her to give it to Teucer, and hopefully explain his abrupt departure as well.

You reassured Lumine, telling her that the two of you would manage. As she left the room, you turned your head to see the 11th Harbinger smirking at you.

"What?"

"Oh nothing, I'm just admiring how cute you are, being worried for me and all..." He was cut off by another fit of coughing. You quickly approached him, placing a hand on his chest to help him maintain balance so he wouldn't fall over. You blushed slightly but ignored it.

"You know, if I didn't know you any better, I'd say you have a crush on me, dear Y/N."
You blushed a deeper shade, but you had enough of hiding your secret.

"With the way you were so concerned about my wellbeing..."

'Ah, screw it.'
You swept him off his feet, carrying him bridal style, ignoring his surprised expression before leaving down to kiss him before he could make any comment about it. You felt him smile against the kiss, thus revealing his feelings for you.

When you pulled away, you could see a faint blush on his cheeks, speechless. Smirking, you started walking towards the exit of the so-called 'Liyue Institute of Toy Research'.

Seeing as it was empty, you assumed Lumine must've taken Teucer back to Liyue Harbor.

"Alright, time to get you to a doctor." You chuckled, relieved that he reciprocated your feelings.

"Hey! Put me down, I can walk myself!"

You ignored his protests and headed for Liyue Harbor, enjoying the flustered look on his face. "Oh hush, you love me~" You smiled gleefully.

A/N: fksnxjsj i feel like there was too much dialogue
Anways I hope more people see this??? And if they do please give me some feedback on where I can improve on my writing ^^

Childe simps where yall at