THE WEDDING

A/N

Hey guys so I will be starting a sequel to this book. I will let you know when the first chapter is done. Also shout out to Nikki_Outsiderslover, thanks for the help man!! And do yourself a favour guys go and read her works because they are worth a read in my opinion.

PS: the Dress is the base style of Kate’s wedding dress.

Kate’s POV

The next 2 months were full of wedding planning and the only one that really helped me was Johnny and that was because I would go up and visit him. Him and Dally were still staying up at the campsite and they could get into some arguments sometimes so I would go up and take time being with Johnny so Dally could leave and cool down before he’d do something stupid. Although I couldn’t see him all the time because I got a job at the local supermarket as a checkout chick and sometimes the guys would come down and see me just to annoy me. I had to get a job because I had no money to pay for the wedding, Mum had set up a bank account for my future years ago that I never knew about and she gave me access when I told her about the engagement but I don’t want to use the money for my wedding I would rather save it for a house. So I set aside $100 for the wedding and out of it and used my weekly pay check from work as the funding for the wedding. Two-Bit had got a job at the DX with Sodapop and Steve and sometimes I wondered if they actually got any work done with the amount they talk and joke around.

However that was the past two months and today was our wedding day. We were getting married two towns over and only the gang and very close family were invited so that we could invite Dallas and Johnny because we couldn’t get married without them. We were getting married in this charming little church, that had the stained glass windows and a beautiful organ that scaled the full wall opposite the entrance. I got ready in a building walking distance from the church, my mum helped me get ready. I was wearing a dress and I didn’t mind because it was my wedding day so I guess I didn’t really have a choice. My dress was white with off the shoulder lace sleeves, lace back, and a ballerina length tulle shirt. Though this dress wasn’t entirely me so I tied a thick red sash around my waist to give it a bit more personality.  I curled my hair and put it up into a high ponytail and tied red ribbon around that. I put on natural based make-up but wore red lipstick. I picked up my bouquet of red and white roses, and got ready to get married to the love of my life.  I walked out the door and waited outside the big wooden double church doors. Mum went inside and Darry came outside, I had asked Darry to walk me down the aisle because he was always like a brother/father to me. “WOW! Kate you look incredible…-Darry just looked me up and down -You ready to do this?” he asked looking down at me. “Not really but I love him so I am” I laughed. Then there was an awkward silence, “Hey Darry, I can’t really walk in these high heels so I am gonna need you to make sure I don’t fall on my face.” I laughed but we both knew I was serious because he strengthened is grip on my arm. I looked at him and smiled, “Ok let’s do this.” I then looked straight ahead as the doors opened and just focused my eyes on Keith. He looked great in a black suit and black tie with a white shirt. He just grinned and I grinned back, then I saw all the guys standing next to him all done up and looking real handsome. I suddenly wasn’t nervous anymore just happy that I was about to marry Two-Bit.

Two-Bits POV

She looked gorgeous walking down that aisle but then again she was always gorgeous. It seemed to be taking forever for her to get here but eventually she did, Darry kissed her on the cheek and then handed her towards me. She slipped her smooth, delicate hand in mine and we took to steps towards the priest.

He said the usual stuff and then asked us to say our vows which Kate and I had made up because we didn’t want to do the normal and boring ones.

Two-Bit: Kate, I love you for your beauty, your intelligence, your kindness…and for the way you always know how to make me feel like the luckiest man on earth. So on top of all the other vows that I will make to you on our wedding day, I also vow to always appreciate how lucky I am to have someone who makes me feel the way you do and to continue to try as hard as I can to make you feel as special as you make me feel, I also vow to protect, love you and make you laugh forever and ever.

Tears started welling up in Kate’s eyes and I wiped them away but then the rest of the women in the church thought it was cute and did the whole “aww” adorable thing.

Kate:  You have been my best friend, personal comedian, playmate, confidant, and my greatest challenge. But most importantly, you are the love of my life and you make me happier than I could ever imagine and more loved than I ever thought possible. We have had our good times and bad and I wouldn’t change or trade a single second of it because I feel so truly blessed to be a part of your life, which as of today becomes our life together. I vow to always love you, cherish you, laugh at your jokes…when they’re funny-the rest of the gang snickered at the remark-, make sure there is always enough chocolate cake and beer in the ice box for you and to always beyond anything else always make sure you know I love you.

Priest: Keith Lucas Matthews do you take Katerina Charlene Williams as your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold, in sickness and in health from this day forward until death do you part?

Two-Bit: I do.

Priest: Katerina Charlene Williams do you take Keith Lucas Matthews as your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold, in sickness and in health from this day forward until death do you part?

Kate: I do.

Priest: Well then I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss your bride.

Before the priest was even finished I leant in towards Kate held her in my arms dipped her down and kissed her. The guests all cheered and clapped while the gang whooped, cheered, whistled and yelled loudly.

We got into my car which we had done up for the wedding which had JUST MARRIED written on the back of it in white paint.

Kate’s POV

After dinner and Two-Bits and I’s first dance I found Johnny by himself outside, I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder. “You ok Johnny?” I asked.  “Yeah I don’t know it’s just all the guys are in there drinking and well I can’t because of my medication. It just isn’t fun hanging around them while they’re drunk and I’m not besides everyone’s dancing and well I can’t.” Johnny’s voice sounded hurt and sad and I knew just what to do to cheer him up, without saying anything I grabbed the handles on the back of his chair and quickly started walking. “Kate where are we going?” he nervously questioned. “No one at my wedding is to be sad.” I stated and then before he could say anything else I sharply turned right almost tipping the thing over. We were in the kitchen and walked over to the ginormous fridge. I took out what I needed and shut it with my foot, “Johnny, remember that day when I cooked you bacon?” I asked as I poured ingredients into a silver bowl. “Yeah that sure was delicious.” Johnny licked his lips at the thought. “Well how would you like pancakes with bacon, melted butter and maple syrup?” Johnny’s face lit up again like it had that morning at the breakfast table. He didn’t say anything but just furiously nodded his head and smiled it was the first time since that day I think I had seen him smile.

With-in no time the pancakes and bacon were cooked and I was serving some on to a plate for Johnny when I heard “Hey I thought you were supposed to cook for me, your husband not for Johnny…or is there something going on between you two I don’t know about?” Two-Bit teasingly asked while cocking and eyebrow, his favourite party trick. “Oh dang you caught us.” I laughed standing behind Johnny and wrapping my arms around his neck before he quickly shoved them off. Two took two long strides wrapped his hands around my waist, pulled me in close and kissed me then said “Where are my pancakes?” I looked towards the stove then he let me go sat down next to Johnny on one of the tables and said “Wife I would like some pancakes please.” Crossing his arms over his chest. The rest of the gang had followed him in and also asked for Pancakes luckily I had made so much extra that when I had served them pancakes there was enough left for me as well. We all sat in the kitchen for most of the night just enjoying each other’s company and that was the best part of the whole reception.  Then Two-Bit and I realised we should probably get going to our honeymoon. We were going to the beach for two weeks, in California and neither of us could wait not just for our Honeymoon but to spend the rest of our lives together.