1.1 | Candy Magical Land

11 | Candy Magical Land

→ Everyone has their own secrets

→ You know that would be a lie right?

━━━

"LET'S GET starbursts and M&Ms and jolly ranchers and snickers and skittles and marshmallows and-" Going to the grocery store had always been such a hassle but today, daddy said I could get as much candy as I wanted. And I wanted to empty the whole store of candy. It would be like a candy magical land!

There would be lots and lots of fluffy pillows in candy magical land and there would be unicorns with lollipop horns. A big waterfall with chocolates and strawberry fish would be right next to the big castle so the princesses could eat chocolate strawberries every single day! Vegetables- especially the evil green trees as I liked to call broccoli- would be banned and the easter bunny monster would fight all the veggies. And there would be lots and lots of candy canes hanging from trees and it would be Christmas every single day!

And no school, of course no school.

"Marshmallows aren't candy, sweetie." Daddy interrupted my daydream and I frowned at him. He just had to ruin my train of thought, didn't he!

"Well in candy magical land, they ARE!"

"Candy magical land, huh? I wish I could go there." Daddy pulled the car gear on park and turned to face me with a hand on the passenger seat. "You ready, princess?"

"Yup!" I lifted my hands in the air and daddy unbuckled before lifting me out of my car seat. "Daddy, let's go get candy!" I say, running as fast as my tiny legs could take me over to the store door. The doors swooshed open automatically as I neared and I watched them, fascinated.

"They only open for princesses now, do they?" Daddy finally catches up to me, his breath already tired.

"So is she a princess?" I ask curiously, pointing to the lady that had just walked into the store after us.

"Uh, sure angel."

If she was a princess, then I sure wanted to meet her. Maybe she could come with me to candy magical land! I run up to catch up with the princess and tug on her hand as she stands in an isle looking on the shelves. "Miss princess? Could you come to candy magical land with me?"

She looked surprised as she pulled back and then looked down to notice me. "Come again, sweetheart?" She asks in a pretty british accent.

"Candy magical land! Daddy said you were a princess and only princesses can come to candy magical land," I say infactly, moving my pointer finger back and forth. Daddy caught up to me at that exact moment, pulling me back by the shoulder.

"Princess, I told you not to run away at stores," He said, running a hand through his face. He looked up and finally noticed the woman watching us with an amused look on her face, one that daddy had directed to me multiple times. "I'm so sorry, I just turned- Heather?"

The woman blinked once before breaking out into a smile. "James! She's your daughter?" she gestured towards me.

"I'm his daughter," I say, walking up in front of daddy after pulling out of his now relaxed grip. I placed my hands on my hips, trying to drag attention to my tiny frame. She could have just asked me!