3. Mutant? Or Eve?

My POV

Mahiru woke up to a new day... and in a not so humanoid form. 'Hmmn?' "Graoo?"
He looks at himself seeing that he looked like a black shadow panther.

(Imagine with the lantern at 🌌) Throughout the day he tries to change into different animals and different sizes of them, with success

Throughout the day he tries to change into different animals and different sizes of them, with success. One, he decided to stay in as the Zombies couldn't bite through its thick hide (pic on top). He chose the district he 'died' in as his new home and made sure that all Zombies that tumbled in got burned by his breath immediately.

Mahiru's POV

While I was walking around in my wolf form I heard some sounds from slightly above me making my ear twitch. It wasn't zombies as, well, I've already burnt the ones strutting around the area. But these sounds also had actual sounds, and I could hear bits and pieces of actual sentences! I moved my figure left and right, on all fours, till my eyes landed on a certain skyscraper. I narrowed my eyes and saw how it was filled with normal humans inside, I spontaneously decided to help protect the place.

'No harm done right? I have a good advantage with my forms and it's only simple if you think about it..!' I was surprised that 2 of my other school friends were among them. I was really happy to see that they were well! But, für now, I decided to spent time around the grounds to make them understand that I mean no harm. It took me almost 2 whole weeks!
..Additionally they found out I could talk when I accidentally answered the question about how late it was. I was only being polite!

I had to listen to them discussing about my existence! They debated that I'm most likely a mutant, but don't know that I was actually a former human and not someone's pet. 'That one was kinda a blow to me since Kuro, had been more like a cat/pet than a vampire most of the time.. I shouldn't think about that!' I shook the thought off when I saw Ryusei and Koyuki come into the room (or store) I was staying in.

(Mahiru           Koyuki     Ryusei)

"Hi! Ma-!.. -Hikaru, I mean" said Koyuki who surprisingly grew more confident and only fainted twice ever since the breakout. '... Thx to Ryusei's gut's probably'