Part 1: Chapter Four

Kason

I was so far in my head I didn't even realize we was home until I felt the wood of the porch trembled under my feet. To say I was confused wouldn't even touch on how I was feeling. First voices now changing eyes plus strangers looking for me for whatever reason. It was all beginning to become too much. I didn't know how much more I could take. I felt like my head would crack at any moment.
Gma knew something was up as soon as she saw us with these other kids, she had this look in her eyes that I couldn't describe.

"It's time to tell you and everyone the truth about what and who y'all are. I kept this a secret long enough and look like I don't have a choice." She said as we came into the house.

Taking a seat in her favorite chair she waited for us to pile into our small house, all of us towered over Gma. Even the girls were tall standing at about  what I would assume was 5'8-5'9 each.
Soon as I seen Gma I dropped to my knees while putting my head in her lap like I used to do when I was younger when the voices became too much. Gma knowing full and well what was happening waited until everyone settled in gesturing us to sit before talking.

"I know you all have a lot of questions, some I have the answers to, others you'll have to figure out on your own. I see you brought some new faces home." Gma said scanning the faces of the newcomers.

"You're a seer, how is that possible? It was believed all yall was dead" one of the guys from the group we met earlier said speaking for the first time. He was the second guy with the other group. He was quiet up until this point.

"Yes, I am one of the last of my kind but that's a story for another time. Kason look at me boy" she said tilting my head upward to look at her.

"You are a very strong and powerful young man. I knew from the first time I laid eyes on you who you were. I knew who all of you were being the seer of all things has its perks. You see, you are a werewolf." she said pausing. Her eyes jumping all over my face.

I burst out laughing. So did Jabar, Ky and the twins.  Cmon did she expect us to really believe that. Us, werewolves? This was not a movie. Werewolves don't come from the hood. Not once did we notice the other group didn't laugh at all. They had scowls on their faces.

"The disrespect. She is a being that surpasses time. Well over a thousand years old. Show some respect." The leader of the other group said, the disgust clear in voice.

We all looked at him, laughing even harder. The fuck is he talking about. This is Gma, the woman that raised us. Who the fuck was he to come in and tell us anything about her.

"C'mon Gma stop playing and tell us wassup," Jabar said not believing a word Gma just said.  Ignoring what he just said. Werewolfs only lived in books and movies there's no way that's what was wrong with me.

"No jokes here Jabar in all truth you are one too. I know about the voice you hear. I know about all the voices you all hear. Those are your other halves. Jabar it's what makes you a strong fighter. Why you think they don't want to fight? They could feel your wolf." she said not once breaking eye contact with me.

"You all haven't changed since you're not 18 yet only when you're 18 can you change. However Kas you being special will change before your 18th birthday. You all will." she said looking at the boys and girls around her.

"Wait a minute so Gma you telling me that we all are wolves and will be changing soon? Do you know how crazy this sound? We live in Buffalo Gma there's no woods or wolves around here. You really expect us to believe this?" Jabar said still not believing what she said.

I get exactly where he coming from. I heard a voices in my head but I always thought it was me going crazy. I still thought that even with what she just said. Right now Gma was sounding nutter than a fruit cake. Sitting silently I processed what was said not knowing what to believe. Apart of me wanted to believe but like Jabar said it just didn't seem real.